Something To Think About

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Something To Think About

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Well he'll definitely get one next turn through, right? Then, if he has another good one, you can start to call it a trend and leave him in there. Like people said it wouldn't hurt Musgrove to ease him back anyhow.
JollyRoger

Something To Think About

Post by JollyRoger »

The other plus for Brault is that he can hit. Don Robinson and Rick Rhoden won a few games with the bat. Brault can do the same
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Something To Think About

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

507576766348757D7F681A0 wrote: The other plus for Brault is that he can hit. Don Robinson and Rick Rhoden won a few games with the bat. Brault can do the same

His bunt was awful. He still has never struck out in the majors.
iabucco

Something To Think About

Post by iabucco »

If Nova keeps pitching like he has, Brault, Musgrove and Kuhl can be starters.
rucker59@gmail.com

Something To Think About

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

It seems we have a lot of similar pitchers. A decision would be easy if they clearly slotted as among themselves. For a while I figured we had a bunch of 4/5 guys. Maybe we have a bunch of 3/4s? 

How do you separate one from another? Jamison is the obvious standout. And I’m now very intrigued with Glasnow. He needs to be in the rotation mid year if possible.

Brault has one big advantage in being lefty.  And I really liked what I saw.  But I could help but think: Zack Duke. 
CarolinaBucco

Something To Think About

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I have felt strongly since last year that Brault should be in the rotation because (A) He's pretty good; and (B) We need a lefty starter to break things up a bit.

I don't think he's great by any means, but I think he's pretty good.
SCBucco

Something To Think About

Post by SCBucco »

26070F260D05620 wrote: Brault's good start will probably give him another one and more rest for Musgrove. 

Should players lose their spot due to an injury?  That is a question that has been asked for decades in every sport.  In baseball, Lou Gehrig will probably say Yes, but Wally Pipp probably disagrees.

Good question Dog.  I say Brault stays in the rotation when Musgrove comes back.  Let Musgrove get some innings out of the BP to build up his arm and then give him a shot at the SR.  Need Musgrove to be a SP to save face in the Cole trade.

But, if Moran continues on the torrid pace, hitting .333 with 45 homers and 135 RBI, that saves face alone. ;D

Musgrove has to be a starter for this deal to look right. I agree. I'm not sure he is though.
skinnyhorse

Something To Think About

Post by skinnyhorse »

Don't forget we've been playing some bad teams except for Twins, hope I'm wrong but afraid the better teams will have a feast on our pitching. Confidence will help this team and I'd love to win the next 2 games to really get on a roll.
mouse

Something To Think About

Post by mouse »

Um, yeah, but some very bad teams have beater us in the last couple of years, Cincinnati being one of them.
dmetz

Something To Think About

Post by dmetz »

I'm still trying to figure out what Musgrove as ever done to earn a rotation shot at all?  Oft injured, and has not performed in the role successfully last year or in ST this year.

Also, trying to figure out why Feliz is considered a good 7th inning option.   Feliz hasn't done anything on the statsheet to make me feel like he's a sure anything... and from the looks of it, he looks more likely to end up in AAA than to be a dependable 7th inning guy.  To me, Feliz is pretty much certain to be a disaster.  As certain as it gets in baseball anyway.   There are a lot of guys who throw hard today.  He's not unique.  Yet I hear Joe Block talking about how Smoker, Neveraskus, and santana "just need to get the ball to Feliz" then Kontos and Rivero.   

Kontos ok, but Feliz has been nothing but terrible in the bigs, seems like just a matter of time.

I think enter Musgrove into middle of BP to compete for the 7th inning spot and see if his shoulder will hold up, option Neveraskus.