Race For #1 2022 Draft Choice

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

They are 4 games ahead of the O’s (is that right? O’s have 2 games in hand).

They're 3 games ahead of the Orioles, but I think the win column is most relevant. Like the loss column when the race is for something good.

It's a shame they can't get at the Orioles.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

No, it's not. That's Loser Talk. Has The Burgh gotten soft or what?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

696E78707E692E225B7C767A7277357874761B0 wrote: D'backs win. Orioles, Pirates, Rangers lose:

Orioles 38-81

Diamondbacks 40-81

Pirates 42-79

Rangers 42-78

41 games remaining

Pirates are 1/2 game behind Rangers.

They are 2 games ahead of the D Backs

They are 4 games ahead of the O’s (is that right?  O’s have 2 games in hand).

A month ago the DBacks looked to be impossibly bad; it is remarkable they are fighting back.

The Dodgers have beaten the Pirates 16 straight times :'(
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4C7F636261695F6279657E796864630D0 wrote: They are 4 games ahead of the O’s (is that right?  O’s have 2 games in hand).

They're 3 games ahead of the Orioles, but I think the win column is most relevant. Like the loss column when the race is for something good.

It's a shame they can't get at the Orioles.

It’s a lot closer now then a few weeks ago. Seemed impossible just a few weeks ago. Definitely tightened up. Anything from #1 to #4 definitely possible.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

The only reason Baltimore is behind us is because the division. Baltimore is a better lineup and has a better pen. I have faith they will pass us. Arizona to me is the worst team; followed by us.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5343427563636F000 wrote: The only reason Baltimore is behind us is because the division.  Baltimore is a better lineup and has a better pen.  I have faith they will pass us.  Arizona to me is the worst team; followed by us.
Arizona? Well they just completed a 3 game sweep of the Phillies
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

6B5550584B535358785D4A590E3C0 wrote: The only reason Baltimore is behind us is because the division.  Baltimore is a better lineup and has a better pen.  I have faith they will pass us.  Arizona to me is the worst team; followed by us.
Arizona? Well they just completed a 3 game sweep of the Phillies

Amazing. That puts the Pirates only 1.5 games behind Arizona. They were 9 games back a couple of weeks ago

The Bucs are tied the Texas. Baltimore by losing 15 in a row is now in the #1 slot, 3 games ahead of the Pirates.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Think it is pretty apparent that the Bucs will finish within the top five, if not the top two, in the draft order.

Wherever they finish, I don't see them drafting Kumar Rocker, and would hope they do not even entertain any thought of doing so.

Whatever prompted the Mets to drop the ball on him, just the fact that he is a Boras client should be enough of a reason to stay far, far, away. As far as the reputed arm problems, I can only say, where there's smoke, there's normally fire.

Hard Pass on Rocker for me.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

674C5B542D0 wrote: Think it is pretty apparent that the Bucs will finish within the top five, if not the top two, in the draft order.

Wherever they finish, I don't see them drafting Kumar Rocker, and would hope they do not even entertain any thought of doing so.

Whatever prompted the Mets to drop the ball on him, just the fact that he is a Boras client should be enough of a reason to stay far, far, away. As far as the reputed arm problems, I can only say, where there's smoke, there's normally fire.

They had agreed on a signing bonus but then the Mets saw medical data about his shoulder that alarmed them. As a hedge against him having injury issues they wanted to renegotiate downward and Rocker refused.
Javy

Post by Javy »

644944555243541417260 wrote: Think it is pretty apparent that the Bucs will finish within the top five, if not the top two, in the draft order.

They had agreed on a signing bonus but then the Mets saw medical data about his shoulder that alarmed them. As a hedge against him having injury issues they wanted to renegotiate downward and Rocker refused.
Have to believe whatever they saw was legitimate. I know a lot of people would have been thrilled to take Rocker instead of Davis, just glad they went in the direction they did.

I was more in the camp of Leiter over Rocker, but they both had some worrisome moments towards the end of their season.