4/25 doubleheader, Game 1 thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I wouldn't have pulled Taillon this early in with a double header. Both teams lost their starters.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

2C272F2326273C797F083129202727662B27480 wrote: Sucks, I was hoping to be engaged with MLB this summer. Looks like it's another seasond of checking the Milb box scores.

Yep, season is over.  2-0 Detroit in the first inning on April 25th!

You need a reality check. This team won't be playing a meaningful game in mid June ... maybe not even past Memorial Day. Dickerson was a good add, but more was needed and it wasn't done. Many people saw this, even after that 11-4 start where they feared on BS teams (Minnesota and Chicago were the only decent teams and they went 3-2 against). Colorado, Philly brought them back to normal.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I was thinking when Cervelli hit the 3 run homer that Taillon would settle down with a 3 run lead and win this game without a problem. Boy was I wrong. Man this has been a frustrating last week for the Pirates watching them pretty much piss away the good start of 11-4 they had.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

As long as Marte continues to swing at very pitch thrown in his area code, no pitcher will ever throw him another strike.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

has the team gone to hell in a handbasket in the past week or what?

Need a comeback here and need to take series from Tigers. I heard that there are about 6 people at the first game.

These past few games have wiped out the good start.

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

When the batters are good, the pitching is just a little worse. When the pitching is good, the batters are just a little worse.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

JT's last two outings have been dreadful. If he isn't pitching well, this team has little hope.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I really thought Taillon was going to develop into our most consistent starter this year. I figured it would be a roller coaster ride for this team, but if Taillon doesn't give the rotation some stability the dips will be a lot deeper than I thought they'd be.

notes34

Post by notes34 »

The dips are about what I figured they would be. This is a bad baseball team that had a decent start. I am no longer investing much time or energy watching this team. They lack talent plain and simple.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Best part about this game is Moran hit a homer.   He MUST find a way to hit for power, there are no excuses or ways around it.   It needs to happen now. 

Dickerson is a real good ball player

Cervelli is on pace to match about 70% of his career hr this year.   That's curious...

I had polancos annual injury woes pegged for memorial day and Cervelli before April is out.  They may have beat my expectations. Kudos to them.