Bucs vs Brew Crew 9/23 . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

303721292730777B02252F232B2E6C212D2F420 wrote: Public service announcement:

VaPirate (that’s me!) won Adam Frazier’s game jersey. Immediately after the game each player gives their jersey to a winner.  The player autographs the jersey. 

Pretty cool.  I hope I get to make a speech!

:D :D :D

....and I’d especially like to thank Possum and Bobster at OBN, for not permanently banning when I probably deserved it. 

It all started with a young boy, a knothole and a Babe, Babe Ruth....’   

Don't forget to mention my book. :)
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

052825343322357576470 wrote: For the fifth time in the last two weeks, I really don't have any stomach to watch Brault pitch for the Pirates again.
And then Feliz comes in and makes Brault look like Cy Young.  :D

That dude has been a disappointment. He is/was the second coming of Archimedes Cammeniero. Except AC looks like a hall of famer compared to Feliz.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Hey, VaPirate you are full of it! :P :P :P :P But you are much better than Rob Inkmacowski! Of course that is not saying much.

Have a great rest of the day my friend.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

3532242C2235727E07202A262E2B6924282A470 wrote: Public service announcement:

VaPirate (that’s me!) won Adam Frazier’s game jersey. Immediately after the game each player gives their jersey to a winner.  The player autographs the jersey. 

You get the immaculate Jersey --- one plate appearance, one home run!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Well, Pirates officially eliminated from postseason today.

And that big Marlins-Pirates makeup game which was "fake-scheduled" for Oct. 1 will be cancelled within a matter of minutes if it hasn't been already.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Feliz should never again pitch for the Bucs. Hurdle stuck with NK for too long. Kingham hadn't pitched in two weeks and had command problem. Hurdle did not manage to try to win the game
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Feliz has been a big disappointment this season. The first six weeks of the season, I thought we had a perfect eighth inning set up man, but he has been like putting gasoline on a fire.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

79585079525A3D0 wrote: Hey, VaPirate you are full of it!  :P :P :P :P  But you are much better than Rob Inkmacowski!  Of course that is not saying much.

Have a great rest of the day my friend.

So after the game Robby Ignoramise interviews me for a special installment of BuccoTV:

Robby: “Va, why is it you grew up to win this jersey?”

Va: “it began in the cold Virginia winters when the temps would often drop below 50 degrees.”

Robby: “VaPirate, What does it mean to you to share this victory in front of these Pittsburgh fans?”

Va: “I became confused when I got whacked in the head by a 2x4. Sometimes I get headaches.”

Robby: “ how would you describe your determination in front of these fans?”

Va: “some of my dreams get pretty weird.”

Rob King: “thanks Robby; very insightful.”

The Fort: “Great insight”.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

45426E796F0C0 wrote: Public service announcement:

You get the immaculate Jersey --- one plate appearance, one home run!

That was pretty cool.

I told him he has 6 games left to get to 15. He laughed. Good guy.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

In looking at the JV team that pitched yesterday, it is becoming painfully apparent that the Bucs have little pitching depth at AAA that is ready to step up to the majors.

With Kuhl definitely out and Musgrove potentially out for the beginning of the season, the Bucs must either hold on to Nova or if he is traded, get someone who has a higher ceiling than Nova. Further, the Bucs now likely need another starter to enter 2019; Kingham does not appear to be an option.

In several earlier posts I also spoke of the need for the Pirates to go get another reliever or two, particularly another lefty. Brault looked like he may be coming around about 2+ weeks ago, but it now looks like he shouldn't be on a major league roster. Feliz, Anderson, and Holmes are all a crap shoot. I will give Bundi somewhat of a pass because of his return from surgery. At this point, the Never Man looks like the best of the lot which is really scary.

In short, if the Bucs are to compete in 2019, the pitching staff, as well as the offense, needs more talent.