PNC Park now cashless

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

PNC Park now cashless

Post by IABucFan »

143233243222510 wrote: I thought this was something about the stadium being broke.

I pay for every damn thing with plastic because it's easier but it's true that every damn thing I buy (and where and when I buy it) is traceable. In some places in Europe (at least in Germany) cash is still used everywhere for privacy reasons. We might miss cash when it's gone.

To tell the truth I didn't know it was possible to turn down cash since it is legal tender.

Exactly. It's printed right on there. "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."
Surgnbuck

PNC Park now cashless

Post by Surgnbuck »

People are so reactionary. everyone is SOOOOO effin important that the government has eyes on you.

People need to put their politics away. I don't believe this is solely the Pirates. And cashless has been done in many places, as well as digital ticketing.

Just more reasons for Americans to whine. "I don't wanna do it that way". And for those who just have to use cash, as was stated, over and over and over and over by the Pirates, the media, and a couple people on this board....THEY HAVE REVERSE ATM's. Don't like it? DON'T GO.

I don't believe a single person who says they only use cash. Show me to prove it to me.

Rant over.

-
IABucFan

PNC Park now cashless

Post by IABucFan »

2D212825326E34292D2F342839727000272D400 wrote: I thought this was something about the stadium being broke.

I pay for every damn thing with plastic because it's easier but it's true that every damn thing I buy (and where and when I buy it) is traceable. In some places in Europe (at least in Germany) cash is still used everywhere for privacy reasons. We might miss cash when it's gone.

I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist, but this last year has opened my eyes on a lot of things. Personally, I don't think the powers that be have any intention of letting us ever take our masks off, but that's neither here nor there. I don't like the idea of a cashless society. I think it's wrought with issues, not the least of which is the scenario I mentioned above in the OP.

I lived in a Italy for a time, and have traveled extensively throughout Europe. You're right...in that society, cash is king. Many places in Italy will only take cash. Same in Israel (ironically, American dollars are widely accepted in Israel, even though it's not the official currency).
IABucFan

PNC Park now cashless

Post by IABucFan »

022423363F3324323A510 wrote: People are so reactionary. everyone is SOOOOO effin important that the government has eyes on you.

People need to put their politics away. I don't believe this is solely the Pirates. And cashless has been done in many places, as well as digital ticketing.

Just more reasons for Americans to whine. "I don't wanna do it that way". And for those who just have to use cash, as was stated, over and over and over and over by the Pirates, the media, and a couple people on this board....THEY HAVE REVERSE ATM's. Don't like it? DON'T GO. 

I don't believe a single person who says they only use cash. Show me to prove it to me.

Rant over.

-

I don't solely use cash. In fact, I hardly ever use it. I don't think the government has eyes on me all of the time. I just don't like having every aspect of our lives changed due to a virus with at worst a 0.7% IFR. I think we're setting very dangerous precedents and basing them on faulty premises. And the future ramifications of that are unsettling.
DemDog

PNC Park now cashless

Post by DemDog »

You guys want to talk politics or such take it to the Off Topic Forum. I am locking this thread and may move it to the OTF as well in the morning and unlock it there.