Pirates vs DBacks - 5/22 - The Opener Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

270100170111620 wrote: maybe Kingham will pitch well and become a big contributor the rest of the season.

okay, he can be unloaded ASAP. just too hittable and they aren't bleeders through the infield.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

082E2F382E3E4D0 wrote: maybe Kingham will pitch well and become a big contributor the rest of the season.

okay, he can be unloaded ASAP. just too hittable and they aren't bleeders through the infield.

2 three run homers. >:(
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I know Clint wants to save the bullpen but Nick is going to be pitching batting practice to these guys.
rucker59@gmail.com

I’m ready to vote Marte off the island. Just get him outta here.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B3D3C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: I know Clint wants to save the bullpen but Nick is going to be pitching batting practice to these guys.
Remember when Kingham was being touted as the next great pitching prospect? He's 27 and still not showing any signs that he belongs in MLB. DuRapau only started tonight because the Pirates no longer have any faith in Kingham or Brault. So when DuRapau failed in the 1st, Kingham entered and demonstrated why the Pirates have no faith in him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Kingham was released a minute from now. Who would replace him? I'm sure there's a PNC popcorn vendor who could do as well.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

446964757263743437060 wrote: I know Clint wants to save the bullpen but Nick is going to be pitching batting practice to these guys.
Remember when Kingham was being touted as the next great pitching prospect? He's 27 and still not showing any signs that he belongs in MLB. DuRapau only started tonight because the Pirates no longer have any faith in Kingham or Brault. So when DuRapau failed in the 1st, Kingham entered and demonstrated why the Pirates have no faith in him.   

yes, if the Pirates think this team is decent they need to go outside the organization for pitching (make a trade) otherwise they have no chance. Bad offense, bad defense and okay pitching isn't a winning formula (although it seems like Bell has improved his defense quite a bit).
rucker59@gmail.com

Anybody have any idea how long the top of the 5th has played so far?

It feels like an hour and the Rocks show no sign of Implementing the mercy rule and the Pirates show no signs of getting a third out.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

183E3F283E2E5D0 wrote: I know Clint wants to save the bullpen but Nick is going to be pitching batting practice to these guys.

yes, if the Pirates think this team is decent they need to go outside the organization for pitching (make a trade) otherwise they have no chance.  Bad offense, bad defense and okay pitching isn't a winning formula (although it seems like Bell has improved his defense quite a bit).

Yes , we can package Keller , Hayes and Bolton for another stiff. might get us 81 wins ?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2B2C3D2E3D6C61580 wrote: I know Clint wants to save the bullpen but Nick is going to be pitching batting practice to these guys.

yes, if the Pirates think this team is decent they need to go outside the organization for pitching (make a trade) otherwise they have no chance.  Bad offense, bad defense and okay pitching isn't a winning formula (although it seems like Bell has improved his defense quite a bit).

Yes , we can package Keller , Hayes and Bolton for another  stiff. might get us 81 wins ?

I'm sure the Rays are ready to deal.