Trade deadline salary contest

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Post by shedman »

So anyhow, anyone wanting to get into this contest, it doesn't make one bit of difference what the starting number of the payroll is or where it came from. I chose COTS because that is what I am familiar with. The purpose of the contest is not to determine the accuracy of the payroll number, but rather how much the payroll will change by the trade deadline. Whatever "errors" are contained in the $45,2324,000 will still be in the number after the trade deadline. Nobody cares except trolls.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

"Currently the 26 man team salary is listed at $45, 234,000."

Call me a troll all you want, that's a direct quote of you saying that the COTS number is the current figure.

It's not trolling to point this out. The "current" figure is always dynamic due to players moving up and down the minors, and on and off the IL.

Why are you being so pissy about me pointing that out? I would suggest you use the 40 man roster figure, which is less dynamic, and includes the salaries of those on the IL, and is a more realistic reflection of the salary they gain or lose at the trade deadline.

Sorry for trying to help. I guess you call the mailman and the guy who fixes your car trolls too.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oh, NOW I'm done with this thread. Good luck to all.