Musgrove says what all of us have been preaching

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Musgrove says what all of us have been preaching

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3222231402020E610 wrote: I actually had high hopes heading into the season relative to the starting rotation with a solid 4.  Williams was my ? as far as being able to carry over the success in 2018.  Felt Archer would have a rebound season and our problem would be Lyles.  NH got taken to the cleaners in that Archer deal and I bet he is spooked.  He paid a 2015 price on Archer, not a 2017 or 2018 price.

There is no way ownership and management can bring up desires to win a title at the start of 2020.  Haven't reinvested the money saved on trades or players that leave via free agency.  20 million come off the books in Cervelli and Dickerson.  A assume the club picks up the option of Archer and Marte's club option will be picked up at 11.5.  Kang (3), Chisenhall (2.75), Lyles (2), Liriano (1.8), Melky (1.15) are also off the books.

Your 1st papeagraph reflected my preseason feelings. I liked the team because of the rotation and I also felt we would get more power across the board. Unfortunately Kang flopped, Dickerson’s been injuried, Frazer has not looked as good as last year and Marte....don’t get me started on that waste of locker space.

Your 2nd paragraph is revealing: the only race the Pirates are engaged in is the race to the bottom of MLB payroll. I suspect Reynolds will move into Marte’s spot, lonny into Dickerson’s, Diez into Cervilli’s. What”s that, about $30M off the books replaced by $1.5M?

This is all headed to a very bad ending and I’m afraid Pittsburgh will get the shaft.