Official Game Thread - Bucs vs Reds 9/3

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E283E2A253F2F24293E0C2B212D2520622F4C0 wrote: Every game today starting around 3:00 ET. Lots of scoreboard watching with so much at stake. A couple of ex-Pirates with key roles.

Taillon starting for the Yankees as they try to get one from TB and hold their WC spot. There has never been a day or game in my close to 66 years where I have pulled for a Yankee team - which will remain true again today.

Anderson for the Ms. Anderson got punked by the Angels last time out to the tune of 9 ER in 2 innings. M's fans a bit nervous about that today.

Would love to see both the Yankees and Red Sox lose today while the Jays and Mariners both win.  It would make those who run MLB nuts.  If it were up to them, the Yankees and Sox would meet in the World Series every year.

Shelton gets tossed- Wanted to start his vacation early
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

154355414E54444F425567404A464E4B0944270 wrote: Every game today starting around 3:00 ET. Lots of scoreboard watching with so much at stake. A couple of ex-Pirates with key roles.

Taillon starting for the Yankees as they try to get one from TB and hold their WC spot. There has never been a day or game in my close to 66 years where I have pulled for a Yankee team - which will remain true again today.

Anderson for the Ms. Anderson got punked by the Angels last time out to the tune of 9 ER in 2 innings. M's fans a bit nervous about that today.

Would love to see both the Yankees and Red Sox lose today while the Jays and Mariners both win.  It would make those who run MLB nuts.  If it were up to them, the Yankees and Sox would meet in the World Series every year.

Sweep is very much in Jeopardy :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D63666E7D65656E4E6B7C6F380A0 wrote: Every game today starting around 3:00 ET. Lots of scoreboard watching with so much at stake. A couple of ex-Pirates with key roles.

Shelton gets tossed- Wanted to start his vacation early

That improves the Bucs chances of winning.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Not able to watch the game here, what did he get ejected for?
mouse

Post by mouse »

Am able to watch the game here and have no idea what the argument was. A Cincinatti batter slid into second, short of the bag. Stood on the bag a moment afterwards, then realized the ball was somewhere in the outfield still, and ran to third. The Pirates tagged second, saying he'd missed the bag (he did on the slide but stood on the bag after getting up). He was called out. On replay that was overturned and Shelton went ballistic. Apparently there is some rule Shelton thinks was missed. No idea what that was. The runner was on the far side of second so it wasn't a matter of having started back to first and needed to retouch second.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

52504A4C5A3F0 wrote: Am able to watch the game here and have no idea what the argument was. A Cincinatti batter slid into second, short of the bag. Stood on the bag a moment afterwards, then realized the ball was somewhere in the outfield still, and ran to third. The Pirates tagged second, saying he'd missed the bag (he did on the slide but stood on the bag after getting up). He was called out. On replay that was overturned and Shelton went ballistic. Apparently there is some rule Shelton thinks was missed. No idea what that was. The runner was on the far side of second so it wasn't a matter of having started back to first and needed to retouch second.
I couldn't figure that out either unless Shelton was arguing that it wasn't reviewable.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I see Keller went three innings and threw only 53 pitches. Why was he pulled?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Shelton got tossed because I shamed him for not pulling Ponce....finally the bench coach did. I was yelling "you have the entire bullpen today you can pull them after 3 batters! They have 5 months off!" He knew I was correct. I was also complaining about Moran starting and Reynolds sitting.

I would not be upset to see Moran let go.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

222720262E243D20293A3C31480 wrote: I see Keller went three innings and threw only 53 pitches. Why was he pulled?
We are wondering that too. But Moran left so many on base what did it matter?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Cruz with his 1st homer over The Wall. 2 RBIs.