What could we get for Marte

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I would like BC to engage the Padres and Mets in talks to trade Marte. I would target a LHSP and a catcher.

From the Padres I would love to get Gore and Campusano.

The Pads would probably be reluctant to trade Gore, but I would set my demands high.

From the Mets; a Peterson and Alvarez package seems very fair

What do the fellow Only Bucs members want or think we should get?
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Someone at ESPN mentioned a Marte, Kella and Archer deal to the Mets for Peterson, Dominic Smith and one other. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

050B0E0711180707620 wrote: Someone at ESPN mentioned a Marte, Kella and Archer deal to the Mets for Peterson, Dominic Smith and one other.  Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

That sounds like a Mets fan's offer.
PMike

Post by PMike »

0F2A29293C172A222037450 wrote: I would like BC to engage the Padres and Mets in talks to trade Marte. I would target a LHSP and a catcher.

The Pads would probably be reluctant to trade Gore, but I would set my demands high.

I would love that return from the Padres. That would be a great fit for the Pirates. Gore looks like the next Chris Sale or David Price. That said, I can't see the Padres being willing to deal him and Campusano for just Marte. I'd try and throw in Tucker. We have too many middle infielders. I like Tucker a lot but, someone in that group is expendable and I'll bet he has lots of trade value. Those two Padres players would be huge for the Pirates. Much more important than Marte and Tucker.

I don't love that return from the Mets. There would need to be more coming back. Maybe another low A player or two with high upside.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

303E3B32242D3232570 wrote: Someone at ESPN mentioned a Marte, Kella and Archer deal to the Mets for Peterson, Dominic Smith and one other.  Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

Maybe its just me, but I think Kela will stay. It would be wise to have a closer with experience. If he thrives, trade him at the TDL for something better. If we are dealing Marte, we need a catching prospect thrown in. Not opposed to sending Archer packing as long as someone like Teheran comes in as a FA.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

55707373664D70787A6D1F0 wrote: I would like BC to engage the Padres and Mets in talks to trade Marte. I would target a LHSP and a catcher.

We would have to add to the SD idea. Not a chance they do that for Marte.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Well, we could ask for Lux and one of the LA catchers and throw in Vazquez as a sweetener...
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

1D2127213A33253C520 wrote: Well, we could ask for Lux and one of the LA catchers and throw in Vazquez as a sweetener...
;D Lol
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6D5157514A43554C220 wrote: Well, we could ask for Lux and one of the LA catchers and throw in Vazquez as a sweetener...

This sadly made me laugh. That still p*sses me off. NH was looking for Lux in that LAD deal for Vasquez, when May and a catching prospect would have helped us more.
PMike

Post by PMike »

4E5E5F687E7E721D0 wrote: Well, we could ask for Lux and one of the LA catchers and throw in Vazquez as a sweetener...

This sadly made me laugh.  That still p*sses me off.  NH was looking for Lux in that LAD deal for Vasquez, when May and a catching prospect would have helped us more.

Me too. I always liked NH and will forever be thankful for the winning he brought to Pittsburgh. His inability to trade Vazquez to the Dodgers was the last straw for me. Reaching for Lux was foolish (esp. considering the Pirates don't need any more infielders). May and one of their catchers would have been perfect. Heck, even May alone would have been fine.