2. Yoshi Tsutsugo (L) RF

3. Michael Chavis (R) 3B

4. Colin Moran (L) 1B

5. Anthony Alford (R) LF

6. Ben Gamel (L) CF

7. Oneil Cruz (L) SS

8. Michael Perez (L) C

9. Mitch Keller (R) P

Off day for Reynolds, I guess to protect his .303 BA. I guess Tucker has no more to prove to solidify his roster spot going into the off-season. Good to see Cruz getting another start to end the season.

Lets go Bucs for the sweep.
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - Bucs vs Reds 9/3

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!

Once again, I'll be reporting live from PNC Park!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

It was mentioned in the GDT from yesterday that Reynolds could go 0-5 and still hit .300

So if he were sitting right on it where an 0-1,2,3,or 4 would cause him to drop below .300, I'd be upset, because as I said, Ted Williams wouldn't do it.

But he's safe. I calculated that he'd hit exactly .300 (.2996) if he went 0-6. He's not hiding to protect it, or better yet, BEING protected by Shelton. Gets another start for someone else to end the season.

I'm also bringing a broom. I always felt I'd be jinxing them if I did. Maybe they never swept because I didn't bring one!

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Maybe Shelton failed to do the math but Reynolds could go 0 for 6 and still finish right at .300. So this looks more like the standard day off after a good game. I don't see why Moran has to play against a LHP when Yoshi could have played 1B instead of RF and Reynolds or Tucker could have started in the OF. Oh well.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

476166737A7661777F140 wrote: It was mentioned in the GDT from yesterday that Reynolds could go 0-5 and still hit .300

So if he were sitting right on it where an 0-1,2,3,or 4 would cause him to drop below .300, I'd be upset, because as I said, Ted Williams wouldn't do it.

But he's safe. I calculated that he'd hit exactly .300 (.2996) if he went 0-6. He's not hiding to protect it, or better yet, BEING protected by Shelton. Gets another start for someone else to end the season.

I'm also bringing a broom. I always felt I'd be jinxing them if I did. Maybe they never swept because I didn't bring one!

Williams was so good he never had to make that choice. His worst BA was at age 40 at .254. Otherwise he never hit below .316. But I think Williams made a questionable decision to end his career. He homered in his final AB in the last home game in 1960 and the Red Sox had 3 more games to play to close out the season at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees had clinched and the series didn't mean anything so Williams decided to retire on the spot so that he would have homered in his final AB. The Yankees swept the series winning 2 of them by 1 run. Those were meaningless games but his teammates played and he chose not to participate to protect his legacy of homering in his final AB. I have great respect for Ted Williams but I find that decision curious.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Every game today starting around 3:00 ET. Lots of scoreboard watching with so much at stake. A couple of ex-Pirates with key roles.

Taillon starting for the Yankees as they try to get one from TB and hold their WC spot. There has never been a day or game in my close to 66 years where I have pulled for a Yankee team - which will remain true again today.

Anderson for the Ms. Anderson got punked by the Angels last time out to the tune of 9 ER in 2 innings. M's fans a bit nervous about that today.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D303D2C2B3A2D6D6E5F0 wrote: Maybe Shelton failed to do the math but Reynolds could go 0 for 6 and still finish right at .300. So this looks more like the standard day off after a good game. I don't see why Moran has to play against a LHP when Yoshi could have played 1B instead of RF and Reynolds or Tucker could have started in the OF. Oh well.
Dam, we want that sweep
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5677626B536A71627766030 wrote: Every game today starting around 3:00 ET. Lots of scoreboard watching with so much at stake. A couple of ex-Pirates with key roles.

Taillon starting for the Yankees as they try to get one from TB and hold their WC spot. There has never been a day or game in my close to 66 years where I have pulled for a Yankee team - which will remain true again today.

Anderson for the Ms. Anderson got punked by the Angels last time out to the tune of 9 ER in 2 innings. M's fans a bit nervous about that today.

Would love to see both the Yankees and Red Sox lose today while the Jays and Mariners both win. It would make those who run MLB nuts. If it were up to them, the Yankees and Sox would meet in the World Series every year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Cruz sends a bat flying into section 108 or thereabouts.

No one hurt, no one in the neighborhood.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3334222A2433747801262C20282D6F222E2C410 wrote: Cruz sends a bat flying into section 108 or thereabouts. 

No one hurt, no one in the neighborhood. 
This right now is another example of Umpire stupidity