Harvey and Holland worth a look?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Not that we are playing for a championship or anything, but from an professional perspective, we need guys who 'know' what they are doing on the field. Last night, when Munoz stole back to back bases without Escobar even looking at him, that pissed me off. Not that he did it, but that Escobar was oblivious and allowed him to do that in that situation, TWICE!

Maybe Holland can be a long man for us until Brault gets back. Same with Harvey, a long man in the bullpen to stabilize our shredded pen.

Just a thought.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Harvey maybe Holland no. The pitching on this team and in the organization as a whole is just a complete mess. The Pirates really need to start drafting and developing better pitching prospects, and really need to dive into free agency this coming off season and spend some damn money and go get at least 2 average to above average starting pitchers.  But like always this owner will use his GM and his president in Coonelly to cover up and make excuses as to why they can’t go out and spend money on pitching in free agency.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

If you're just looking for someone to show teammates how it's done, I'm not sure Matt Harvey is the one you want showing them.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Harvey is a free agent after this season and almost certainly not going to sign with the Pirates. I don't like the idea of picking him up as a rental.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

What I am saying is that we need more professional pitchers on the bump and less inexperienced ones at the ML level. Tired of bringing guys up to give them a shot and see how things go. Obviously those same rules don't apply to high end prospects, but you get the jist of what I am saying.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

242A2F2630392626430 wrote: Not that we are playing for a championship or anything, but from an professional perspective, we need guys who 'know' what they are doing on the field.  Last night, when Munoz stole back to back bases without Escobar even looking at him, that pissed me off.  Not that he did it, but that Escobar was oblivious and allowed him to do that in that situation, TWICE!

Maybe Holland can be a long man for us until Brault gets back.  Same with Harvey, a long man in the bullpen to stabilize our shredded pen.

Just a thought.

IM SICK OF RECLAMATION PROJECTS. PASS
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Looks like the Cubs thought enough about Holland because they acquired him today.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

202C2D767F767E73746B71460 wrote: Looks like the Cubs thought enough about Holland because they acquired him today.

Bucs should have grabbed him to keep him away from the Cubbies. The Bucs could finally get rid of McRae or some other roster filler types.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Past time to worry about who the Cubs acquire.

There are now only two concerns:

1) Who the Pirates trade off before July 31 and who they acquire in return.

2) Who they decide to keep.

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4C60686F6443746272010 wrote: Past time to worry about who the Cubs acquire.

There are now only two concerns:

1)  Who the Pirates trade off before July 31 and who they acquire in return.

2)  Who they decide to keep.

Starting to think NH will try to right a wrong for the Archer deal by trading Vasquez to LA for a boat load of prospects.