Vanderbilt Postponed Again

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Vanderbilt's Opening Game has been postponed again today until tomorrow. Weather permitting we can begin following Kumar Rocker, and Jack Leiter's college season.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: Vanderbilt's Opening Game has been postponed again today until tomorrow. Weather permitting we can begin following Kumar Rocker, and Jack Leiter's college season.
I assume you are referring to the fact that the Bucs will have the #1 pick!!
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

56686D65766E6E654560776433010 wrote: Vanderbilt's Opening Game has been postponed again today until tomorrow. Weather permitting we can begin following Kumar Rocker, and Jack Leiter's college season.
I assume you are referring to the fact that the Bucs will have the #1 pick!!
Yes it is because of the Pirates #1 pick. I don't follow college baseball, but I am interested in both of these pitchers since there is a good possibility that one of them may become part of the Pirates system after July 15th.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

not Vandy, but this guy may be someone to watch for a couple years down the road.

Grand slams in his first two college at bats (and in same inning).

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... Ph1UdtdXR4

Pendleton, from Jensen Beach, Florida, hit 2 grand slams in the same inning in his first 2 at-bats of his college career against UCF. It doesn’t get any better than that!

Pendleton was a prized high school recruit, and his FAU career certainly got off to a hot start. On the other hand, the season couldn’t have gotten off to a worse start for the Knights.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

4D6B6A7D6B7B080 wrote: not Vandy, but this guy may be someone to watch for a couple years down the road.

Grand slams in his first two college at bats (and in same inning).

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... Ph1UdtdXR4

Pendleton, from Jensen Beach, Florida, hit 2 grand slams in the same inning in his first 2 at-bats of his college career against UCF. It doesn’t get any better than that!

Pendleton was a prized high school recruit, and his FAU career certainly got off to a hot start. On the other hand, the season couldn’t have gotten off to a worse start for the Knights.

The 2023 draft could be loaded with talent, since the 2020 draft only went 5 rounds so less HS kids drafted like Pendleton. Hopefully 2022 is the last year the Pirates are bad lol.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

Couple more SEC players are possible top picks, Jaden Hill of LSU and Jud Fabian of Florida, so the SEC Network might be a channel to watch until the Pirates get under way at least.

Also a few HS shortstops in the mix. I am sure people will want the catcher from Miami, Adrian Del Castillo, or Henry Davis from Louisville. Both have solid bats and should be fine at catcher assuming robo umps are a thing in a few years. Not sure they are top overall pick material.

One thing is for sure, there is not a consensus pick at this point, despite Rocker being the popular pick.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Both Vandy pitchers were lights out today.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

33342536257479400 wrote: Both Vandy pitchers were lights out today.
I saw that both guys had strong games. I think each struck out 8 hitters. The college season just started, but if Leiter continues to pitch like yesterday, the Bucs will have a decision to make.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

040809525B525A57504F55620 wrote: Both Vandy pitchers were lights out today.
I saw that both guys had strong games. I think each struck out 8 hitters. The college season just started, but if Leiter continues to pitch like yesterday, the Bucs will have a decision to make.

Seems like the Pirates favor pitchers with Rockner's size.

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

62657467742528110 wrote: Both Vandy pitchers were lights out today.

Seems like the Pirates favor pitchers with Rockner's size.

You are correct that the Bucs prefer the larger pitchers, but in the case of Leiter he currently throws 4 pitches with consistency. It seems to me that was one of the drawbacks for Glasnow, he was a two pitch pitcher, but could not develop the third pitch while with Pittsburgh. Rocker has got the big time fast ball and slider, but he will need a third pitch. Leiter seems like he has a four pitch arsenal.