5/24 game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

5/24 game thread

Post by ScottinMass »

I've seen enough of SRod against RHP'ing for a lifetime!

.105 BA and 23 K's in 57 AB's this season against RHP.

Really???
CarolinaBucco

5/24 game thread

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Whoops ... sorry about the typos in my last post. I'm at the ACC tournament and trying to watch the game here, and work, and keep up with the Pirates, and obviously I'm not succeeding.

What I was trying to say was ... I don't think our bats are capable of overcoming an opposing grand slam. It just seems very difficult for us to scratch out one run these days, not to mention four.
IABucFan

5/24 game thread

Post by IABucFan »

I don't mind the error. I don't even mind the GS. Suarez is a good hitter, and it's a hitter's park. That stuff happens. I do mind walking the opposing pitcher to leadoff the inning. He gets the pitcher, and they've got one out already, that inning is totally different.
SCBucco

5/24 game thread

Post by SCBucco »

6143504D4E4B4C43605741414D220 wrote: Whoops ... sorry about the typos in my last post. I'm at the ACC tournament and trying to watch the game here, and work, and keep up with the Pirates, and obviously I'm not succeeding.

What I was trying to say was ... I don't think our bats are capable of overcoming an opposing grand slam. It just seems very difficult for us to scratch out one run these days, not to mention four.

Give Elliot Avent hell for me. I know him pretty well.
ScottinMass

5/24 game thread

Post by ScottinMass »

6B495A47444146496A5D4B4B47280 wrote: Whoops ... sorry about the typos in my last post. I'm at the ACC tournament and trying to watch the game here, and work, and keep up with the Pirates, and obviously I'm not succeeding.

Even if you aren't succeeding, that sounds like a really good day.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/24 game thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

At least this home run is a solo.

5-0 Bad Guys.

Meanwhile Luis Castillo, carrying an ERA north of 6.0 into the game, will almost certainly leave the game with a better ERA then our ace.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/24 game thread

11191A2D3B1E3936580 wrote: I don't mind the error. I don't even mind the GS. Suarez is a good hitter, and it's a hitter's park. That stuff happens. I do mind walking the opposing pitcher to leadoff the inning. He gets the pitcher, and they've got one out already, that inning is totally different.

I really mind it when all three happen in the same inning.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/24 game thread

042635282B2E29260532242428470 wrote: Whoops ... sorry about the typos in my last post. I'm at the ACC tournament and trying to watch the game here, and work, and keep up with the Pirates, and obviously I'm not succeeding.

You a Tarhill fan? If so, you’re not having a good week at all between the Pirates and UNC!
SammyKhalifa

5/24 game thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5651474F4156111D644349454D480A474B49240 wrote: I don't mind the error. I don't even mind the GS. Suarez is a good hitter, and it's a hitter's park. That stuff happens. I do mind walking the opposing pitcher to leadoff the inning. He gets the pitcher, and they've got one out already, that inning is totally different.

I really mind it when all three happen in the same inning.

not optimal, is it?
rucker59@gmail.com

5/24 game thread

David Freese!!

5-2

Come back officially under way.

Buccos going to win 6-5!