4/19 Bucs@Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Taillon throws 40 plus pitches and doesn’t get out of the 2nd inning and is down 5-0. He was one pitch away from getting out of a bases loaded nobody out jam. Very frustrating game so far tonight. Gotta think this one is over down 5-0 and facing Arietta. Still got 3 left in this series which is the good news. Split this series and you’re still in good shape.
dmetz

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by dmetz »

But Lose 3 out of 4 and the seasons over
INbuc

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by INbuc »

Here's a chance for Glasnow to string 4 or 5 innings together.
BenM

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by BenM »

First starter to not go five this season. Had to happen sometime.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Bad fundamentals too. Moran doesn't charge a bunt. Marte throws flat footed. No cut off for Marte's throw.

Got to play from behind. They have hit Arietta since that one Wild Card Game.
INbuc

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by INbuc »

To some degree Hurdle has been less frustrating in his personnel decisions during games this year. But it may be time to drop Polanco in the lineup. He has one hit in his last 23 at-bats. Last year Cutch struggled mightily right until he was dropped to 6th in the order. As Notes34 and I have discussed, Polanco is consistently inconsistent. Take some pressure off him and see if he rebounds.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

67604C5B4D2E0 wrote: To some degree Hurdle has been less frustrating in his personnel decisions during games this year.   But it may be time to drop Polanco in the lineup.  He  has one hit in his last 23 at-bats.  Last year Cutch struggled  mightily right until he was dropped to 6th in the order.   As Notes34 and I have discussed, Polanco is consistently inconsistent.  Take some pressure off him and see if he rebounds.

I agree. Hurdle has said he needs to shorten his swing too.
INbuc

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by INbuc »

2C272F2326273C797F083129202727662B27480 wrote: To some degree Hurdle has been less frustrating in his personnel decisions during games this year.   But it may be time to drop Polanco in the lineup.  He  has one hit in his last 23 at-bats.  Last year Cutch struggled  mightily right until he was dropped to 6th in the order.   As Notes34 and I have discussed, Polanco is consistently inconsistent.  Take some pressure off him and see if he rebounds.

He does, but that is a hard transition to make. So do it artificially....try choking-up a couple inches. If Votto and Rizzo do it must be for a purpose.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

585F736472110 wrote: To some degree Hurdle has been less frustrating in his personnel decisions during games this year.   But it may be time to drop Polanco in the lineup.  He  has one hit in his last 23 at-bats.  Last year Cutch struggled  mightily right until he was dropped to 6th in the order.   As Notes34 and I have discussed, Polanco is consistently inconsistent.  Take some pressure off him and see if he rebounds.

He does, but that is a hard transition to make.  So do it artificially....try choking-up a couple inches.  If Votto and Rizzo do it must be for a purpose.

He does have a different swing this year. I noticed a different swing with him (and Cervelli). One broadcast showed the two different stances and swings from this year and last year.
Ecbucs

4/19 Bucs@Phillies

Post by Ecbucs »

totally missed this while attending a soccer game. From box score it s good that Glasnow got 7 ks. Looks like he was wild. Rodriguez seemed to do well.

Was surprised Arietta appeared to be so dominant. If he keeps this up the Phillies may be a contender.