Fabricio Macias

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

sdimmick3

Fabricio Macias

Post by sdimmick3 »

After most of us call NH cheap and he'll never join the Int. FA signings, they go out and sign the Top Mexican player U23.

6-0, 180lbs, he's got speed and can hit. From what i understand, he can hit AA type pitching at 19 years old.

What will NH pull out of his sleeve next?
BenM

Fabricio Macias

Post by BenM »

I hope this indicates that Latin American scouting is back on its feet after Gayo's firing.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Fabricio Macias

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

07202B08450 wrote: I hope this indicates that Latin American scouting is back on its feet after Gayo's firing.

Who is in charge now? Is he/she respected in the community? Ever since the Sano issue, Gayo seemed finished. I wish we knew more about that situation.
sdimmick3

Fabricio Macias

Post by sdimmick3 »

606B636F6A6B703533447D656C6B6B2A676B040 wrote: I hope this indicates that Latin American scouting is back on its feet after Gayo's firing.

Who is in charge now?  Is he/she respected in the community?  Ever since the Sano issue, Gayo seemed finished.  I wish we knew more about that situation.

Apparently, it's Junior Vizcaino running the show. I think we need to sit and wait to see what happens for a little before we judge the situation.
SCBucco

Fabricio Macias

Post by SCBucco »

5A4D404444404A421A290 wrote: After most of us call NH cheap and he'll never join the Int. FA signings, they go out and sign the Top Mexican player U23.

6-0, 180lbs, he's got speed and can hit.  From what i understand, he can hit AA type pitching at 19 years old.

We were all giddy when the Pirates signed a kid named Heredia not too long ago. It didn't translate into anything. I'm not opposed to signing kids like this, BUT I would rather spend the money helping the major league roster at this stage.
sdimmick3

Fabricio Macias

Post by sdimmick3 »

14040532242428470 wrote: After most of us call NH cheap and he'll never join the Int. FA signings, they go out and sign the Top Mexican player U23.

6-0, 180lbs, he's got speed and can hit.  From what i understand, he can hit AA type pitching at 19 years old.

We were all giddy when the Pirates signed a kid named Heredia not too long ago.  It didn't translate into anything.  I'm not opposed to signing kids like this, BUT I would rather spend the money helping the major league roster at this stage.

Clearly they dont put money into the ML roster, may as well spend it somewhere. Also, they used the international money im sure, so atleast they spent it on potential (like always) and got arguably the #1 guy from Mexico
PMike

Fabricio Macias

Post by PMike »

1000013620202C430 wrote: After most of us call NH cheap and he'll never join the Int. FA signings, they go out and sign the Top Mexican player U23.

We were all giddy when the Pirates signed a kid named Heredia not too long ago.  It didn't translate into anything.  I'm not opposed to signing kids like this, BUT I would rather spend the money helping the major league roster at this stage.

You are right about Heredia and the sentiment when he signed. However, this is exactly the place where they need to invest a lot of money. Forget the S-Rod signings and sign 30 more guys from Latin America.

The bigger concern is development.