6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Cole Tucker (S) SS

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

Note to Bobster: I got the date right today! ;D ;D
IABucFan

Pirates vs Padres - Sunday 5/19 - Game Thread

Post by IABucFan »

Wow. Diaz catching a day game after a night game. This is what, his fourth start in a row? Personally, I think he’s our best option behind the plate both offensively and defensively, so I like this. Just didn’t expect to see it this early in the year. Unless Cervelló is hurt.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like this lineup with Reynolds in centerfield. I know he is not as good as Marte, but Marte is so frustrating at times. It appears he often does not have his head in the game.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: I like this lineup with Reynolds in centerfield. I know he is not as good as Marte, but Marte is so frustrating at times. It appears he often does not have his head in the game.

Oh, you mean the times he throws to the wrong base? Or loses track of how many outs there are? Or tries to steal third with two outs? Or runs home from third with one out when the ball is hit right back to the pitcher?

The super frustrating thing about Marte is that he has the natural talent to be a star. He has the power and speed to be a 30/30 player every year. He's a true five-tool talent. Power, average, speed, defense, arm strength...he has it all. But he's so absent-minded at times, it's like he's the walking definition of untapped potential.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

61696A5D4B6E4946280 wrote: I like this lineup with Reynolds in centerfield. I know he is not as good as Marte, but Marte is so frustrating at times. It appears he often does not have his head in the game.

Oh, you mean the times he throws to the wrong base? Or loses track of how many outs there are? Or tries to steal third with two outs? Or runs home from third with one out when the ball is hit right back to the pitcher?

The super frustrating thing about Marte is that he has the natural talent to be a star. He has the power and speed to be a 30/30 player every year. He's a true five-tool talent. Power, average, speed, defense, arm strength...he has it all. But he's so absent-minded at times, it's like he's the walking definition of untapped potential.
If we traded him to TB he would morph into that 30/30 player
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

2B0E0D0D18330E060413610 wrote: I like this lineup with Reynolds in centerfield. I know he is not as good as Marte, but Marte is so frustrating at times. It appears he often does not have his head in the game.

If we traded him to TB he would morph into that 30/30 player

I’ve been saying this about Marte for the past 20 years, or however long he’s been in Pittsburgh. Sure seems like 20.

probably the most frustrating player I’ve ever followed.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Gotta love starting out on the road with a 4-0 lead. Colin Moran with a big fly. Josh Bell with another RBI...ho hum.
rucker59@gmail.com

MORAN!!!

+ an RBI by Josh

4-0 good guys top of first.

Pirates hitting Pads pitcher hard. 31 pitches so far.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Quick 4-0 1st inning lead for Bucs courtesy of Bell RBI single and 3-run HR by Moran.
rucker59@gmail.com

Tucker with a sweet play.

He’s looking better at SS.

Musgrove cruised through 1st. 18pitches.