Tucupita

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Tucupita

Post by JollyRoger »

I’m starting to develop a man crush on this kid.

Maybe he is just in a hot streak; but he is showing that he can do it all. I think he is already our best defensive player ( Sorry Hayes).

He has made some incredible plays at 2B and has shown the speed and arm to be Gold Glove outfielder.

In addition he has speed and it a legitimate SB threat.

He has not only proven that he can hit ML pitching but he actually is one of the few that can actually bunt.

On a side note, I had to chuckle when the Atlanta organist would play a song when each player came to the plate. For Tucupita they played Chiquitita ( The ABBA song) …genius!
ChillinStation

Tucupita

Post by ChillinStation »

I hope he continues to play well. He is a guy we can package for pitching. Pirates are showcasing young position players for the trade deadline. We need pitching and whole bunch of it.
JollyRoger

Tucupita

Post by JollyRoger »

4368696C6C696E53746174696F6E000 wrote: I hope he continues to play well. He is a guy we can package for pitching. Pirates are showcasing young position players for the trade deadline. We need pitching

Good grief!

We have a prospect that is doing exceptionally well at the ML level and you want to trade him already???
ChillinStation

Tucupita

Post by ChillinStation »

How else can we get starting pitching ? We sure don`t develop it and we are going to lose some of these prospects next year to FA.
fjk090852-7

Tucupita

Post by fjk090852-7 »

664D4C49494C4B765144514C4A4B250 wrote: I hope he continues to play well. He is a guy we can package for pitching. Pirates are showcasing young position players for the trade deadline. We need pitching and whole bunch of it.
If they are showcasing players I would hope he is one not moved. He could be a Josh Harrison type player on a winning team. He is that player who can play several positions, and do it well.
WildwoodDave2

Tucupita

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4945441F161F171A1D02182F0 wrote: I hope he continues to play well. He is a guy we can package for pitching. Pirates are showcasing young position players for the trade deadline. We need pitching and whole bunch of it.
If they are showcasing players I would hope he is one not moved. He could be a Josh Harrison type player on a winning team. He is that player who can play several positions, and do it well.
absolutely agree with you!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Tucupita

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

664D4C49494C4B765144514C4A4B250 wrote: I hope he continues to play well. He is a guy we can package for pitching. Pirates are showcasing young position players for the trade deadline. We need pitching and whole bunch of it.

I understand your point but, in order to get a really good, proven return, BC would have to trade a really good, proven player. Bryan Reynolds could bring that type of pitcher. I don’t see Marcano being able to do the same.

In addition, GMs aren’t in the habit of trading away young pitching talent because it’s so precious. The return has to be pretty amazing and in great need.
ChillinStation

Tucupita

Post by ChillinStation »

You have to target the Big teams to get young starting pitching. You know like the Yankees ,Dodgers etc. Teams loaded and have blocked pitching prospects. It`s a shame we might have something with Burrows ,Colton and Priester down below, but that is it. We need more competition in the pitching dept. like anther 3 or 4 guys pushing each other. And then those guys have to go through growing pains for a couple seasons. like a Brubaker , Contreas etc.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Tucupita

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

59727376767374496E7B6E7375741A0 wrote: You have to target the Big teams to get young starting pitching. You know like the Yankees ,Dodgers etc. Teams loaded and have blocked pitching prospects.

I agree, but the Dodgers and Yankees line-ups are so incredibly deep it’s almost like they don’t need anyone else, especially a light-hitting middle infielder.  Those teams are looking for guys who bash the ball.
ChillinStation

Tucupita

Post by ChillinStation »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: You have to target the Big teams to get young starting pitching. You know like the Yankees ,Dodgers etc. Teams loaded and have blocked pitching prospects.

I agree, but the Dodgers and Yankees line-ups are so incredibly deep it’s almost like they don’t need anyone else, especially a light-hitting middle infielder.  Those teams are looking for guys who bash the ball.

Well maybe Marcano will be a Josh Harrison :-/ like someone mentioned . ::)