Should The Bucs Contract The Reds About Jared Hughes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Bucs middle innings bullpen has been very shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

2C20217A737A727F78677D4A0 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.
I would say stay with what you got now would rather give the guys in Indy a shot as JH he isn't a solution.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Maybe not Hughes, but I like the idea of going after some of the bad teams bullpen guys. I just think it might be too early to make a deal as teams aren't ready to give up on their seasons less than 20 games into the season.

The Pirates should be watching the Rays players to see if Romo is back velocity wise and if Roe is pitching well. The Marlins and A's have old bullpens. Hand in San Diego too.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

I would rather go after Matt Bush from Texas. Their season is done already. Bartolo can't pitch every game. Bush is not even the closer there or the primary setup guy. Live arm; swing and miss stuff and doesn't have a ton of miles on that arm since he was converted from middle infield. He would be a target of mine.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

1B0B0A3D2B2B27480 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

I would rather go after Matt Bush from Texas.  Their season is done already.  Bartolo can't pitch every game.  Bush is not even the closer there or the primary setup guy.  Live arm; swing and miss stuff and doesn't have a ton of miles on that arm since he was converted from middle infield.  He would be a target of mine.

I'd have a hard time cheering for Matt Bush. The Pittsburgh media would go on a frenzy in my opinion too.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

717A727E7B7A612422556C747D7A7A3B767A150 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

I would rather go after Matt Bush from Texas.  Their season is done already.  Bartolo can't pitch every game.  Bush is not even the closer there or the primary setup guy.  Live arm; swing and miss stuff and doesn't have a ton of miles on that arm since he was converted from middle infield.  He would be a target of mine.

I'd have a hard time cheering for Matt Bush.  The Pittsburgh media would go on a frenzy in my opinion too.

He would be our second best pitcher in the pen by far. Really don't care who you would have a rough time cheering for. I'm looking for options that have had success, not the crap retreads we continue to get off the scrap heap. He has turned his life into something better. Who cares what the Pittsburgh media would do in this as you can say you have improved the team.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

7969685F4949452A0 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

I'd have a hard time cheering for Matt Bush.  The Pittsburgh media would go on a frenzy in my opinion too.

He would be our second best pitcher in the pen by far.  Really don't care who you would have a rough time cheering for.  I'm looking for options that have had success, not the crap retreads we continue to get off the scrap heap. He has turned his life into something better. Who cares what the Pittsburgh media would do in this as you can say you have improved the team.

He is a fine pitcher and finally realized that and started to use his talent. I don't think everyone needs a second chance case to case, so I have a hard time giving Bush a fifth, sixth or seventh chance. Numerous assaults, trespassing, theft, beat a man with a golf club, numerous DUIs, ran over a man's head and fled the scene. He hasn't spent enough time in jail for me. That baggage isn't worth it to me.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

68636B676263783D3B4C756D646363226F630C0 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

He would be our second best pitcher in the pen by far.  Really don't care who you would have a rough time cheering for.  I'm looking for options that have had success, not the crap retreads we continue to get off the scrap heap. He has turned his life into something better. Who cares what the Pittsburgh media would do in this as you can say you have improved the team.

He is a fine pitcher and finally realized that and started to use his talent. I don't think everyone needs a second chance case to case, so I have a hard time giving Bush a fifth, sixth or seventh chance. Numerous assaults, trespassing, theft, beat a man with a golf club, numerous DUIs, ran over a man's head and fled the scene. He hasn't spent enough time in jail for me. That baggage isn't worth it to me.

Has he been arrested since getting out of jail?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7378707C7978632620576E767F7878397478170 wrote: The Bucs  middle innings bullpen has been very  shakey the first few weeks of this season. It appears the seventh, eighth, and ninth inning spots are in good hands. We do have Romero coming tomorrow, but I  was wondering if the Reds who are now 2-13 would want to move Jared Hughes. He was dependable while with the Pirates during the three winning years, and possibly he could be the pitcher to get to the late innings bullpen guys.

Again, I'm looking for answers, not trash.  Not trash that permeates this organization.  We don't have an option in Indy.  There isn't anything out there that suffices on the waiver wire, which NH uses too frequently. This organization doesn't have good depth in areas. On the mound is certainly one of them.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I keep coming back to Siegrist. If he would pull his head out of his @$$, he would probably be back in the major leagues by now. Suck it up, swallow your pride, pitch two weeks at Indy, and you're in Pittsburgh by May 1 with a (hopefully still) first place team.