7/26-Bucs vs Mets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by DemDog »

I'll start the game thread for a change but someone else will have to post the lineups as I am going to a WV BlackBears game in an hour or so.

Note that per P2's John Drekker Cervelli has been activated and Stallings sent down. Cervelli is in the starting lineup at you guessed it - catcher.
ScottinMass

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by ScottinMass »

1. Jordan Luplow (R) LF

2. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

4. David Freese (R) 3B

5. Josh Bell (S) 1B

6. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

7. Sean Rodriguez (R) CF

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Nick Kingham (R) P

Let's go Bucs!
MaineBucs

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by MaineBucs »

Kingham may need to pitch a shut-out, and even that may not be good enough.

Lot's of holes in that line-up and not much on the bench to pinch-hit. With Cervelli's injuries you know that Diaz will not be used as a PH, which means that only Frazier and Moran are available.
NJBucsFan

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by NJBucsFan »

This is a pretty important game to my mind. Too many times I've seen teams end a winning streak and go right into a swoon.
SteadyFreddy

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by SteadyFreddy »

We better not see this lineup all weekend if both Marte and Dickerson are out. Meadows should be called up and playing over Jordan Luplow he is the better option. It’s extremely frustrating.
gileszee

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by gileszee »

At this rate...I will take a split. We won't beat DeGrom. And we will lose 1 of the 2 between Wheeler and Matz. If Dickerson and Marte were healthy I think we would have taken 3 of 4. We need those 2 healthy for the August push.
IABucFan

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by IABucFan »

Let's all say it together re Meadows. "S-U-P-E-R T-W-O." I don't anticipate seeing him up any time soon. He was up too much early in the year. Need to offset that now.
MaineBucs

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by MaineBucs »

I like Meadows as a prospect, but he does only have 2 HR's in 154 ab's at Indianapolis. In short, he likely won't be the spark-plug (in a losing cause) that he was when he first came up to Pittsburgh.

While he likely is better than Frazier as a hitter, and he clearly is a better CF'er, he is no Marte. I know that he is just coming back from a long lay-off, but I would just as soon see Bostick as Meadows. And, I clearly would prefer to see Bostick over Frazier or SR.
CarolinaBucco

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by CarolinaBucco »

That's ridiculous. We shouldn't be concerned about the Super Two that's, what, 6 years down the road?

Seriously?

By then a million different factors could change things and turn everything upside down ... including the Pirates trading Meadows as soon as he gets good.

He appears to be an elite player.

We have 2 OFs hurt and they'll probably miss the weekend and the Pirates will be stubborn and try to play the weekend 2 men short.

Meadows should be up right now.

Frazier should be down. (Or one of the 2 injured should be on the DL if they are going to miss 5+ games).
IABucFan

7/26-Bucs vs Mets

Post by IABucFan »

5A786B76757077785B6C7A7A76190 wrote: That's ridiculous. We shouldn't be concerned about the Super Two that's, what, 6 years down the road?

Seriously?

By then a million different factors could change things and turn everything upside down ... including the Pirates trading Meadows as soon as he gets good.

He appears to be an elite player.

We have 2 OFs hurt and they'll probably miss the weekend and the Pirates will be stubborn and try to play the weekend 2 men short.

Meadows should be up right now.

Frazier should be down. (Or one of the 2 injured should be on the DL if they are going to miss 5+ games).

Not saying I agree with it...saying that's what the reality is.