Nova Bonus . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by DemDog »

With the cancellation of the Oct 1 make up game the Bucs only play 161 games. Nova was slated to start that game and thus earn an additional $750,000 to his contract for making 30 starts.

Should the Buccos tell Hurdle to start Nova even on only a few days rest in the Sunday finale and let him go only one inning so he meets the requirements of the contract or instead just pay him the bonus?

I am of the opinion that they should just pay him the bonus because if it were not for the rainout he would have met the requirements to earn it anyway.

Your thoughts guys.
Quail

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by Quail »

I love spending uncle Bob's money so...hell yeah give Nova the start on Sunday! :D
ScottinMass

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by ScottinMass »

I agree.

And I think they should shut down Taillon and Archer, pitch Kingham, Holmes, Nova in the 3 against the Reds.

Nothing to be gained by Taillon and Archer pitching again this season.
CTBucco

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by CTBucco »

Huntington should just pay him. The bonus is for durability, and Nova has delivered that. If Huntington won’t do that, then CH should give him the one inning start. This sort of thing can turn a team against management if not handled well.
mouse

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by mouse »

"Nothing to be gained by Taillon and Archer pitching again this season."

Ha! Spoken like someone already eliminated from the great OnlyBucs prediction pool.
Ecbucs

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by Ecbucs »

1205132432323E510 wrote: Huntington should just pay him. The bonus is for durability, and Nova has delivered that. If Huntington won’t do that, then CH should give him the one inning start. This sort of thing can turn a team against management if not handled well.

I agree with this and think the Bucs have tried to help players reach incentives in previous seasons.
ScottinMass

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by ScottinMass »

2123393F294C0 wrote: "Nothing to be gained by Taillon and Archer pitching again this season."

Ha! Spoken like someone already eliminated from the great OnlyBucs prediction pool.
I'm happy they've exceeded my prediction of 78 W's
SammyKhalifa

Nova Bonus . . .

Post by SammyKhalifa »

05353922223F381B372525560 wrote: "Nothing to be gained by Taillon and Archer pitching again this season."

I'm happy they've exceeded my prediction of 78 W's

I notice that nobody picked 75 or 89, which is odd to me because we had a pretty good spread.