Glasnow Calls Out MLB

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Glasnow did an interview today, and said that the upcoming rule by baseball to ban sticky stuff on the ball is insane. When I read the article I wondered if his success with Tampa is due to adding a substance to the ball which he did not do while a Pirate? Maybe the Tampa pitching coach did not teach additional mechanics, but taught that adding something foreign to the ball would help spin rate. Just a thought!
SCBucco

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by SCBucco »

050908535A535B56514E54630 wrote: Glasnow did an interview today, and said that the upcoming rule by baseball to ban sticky stuff on the ball is insane. When I read the article I wondered if his success with Tampa is due to adding a substance to the ball which he did not do while a Pirate? Maybe the Tampa pitching coach did not teach additional mechanics, but taught that adding something foreign to the ball would help spin rate. Just a thought!

I thought adding a foreign substance absent resin, was not allowed. Can't stand guys like Glasnow and Kuhl talking about this or chalky balls.
Bobster21

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by Bobster21 »

7262635442424E210 wrote: Glasnow did an interview today, and said that the upcoming rule by baseball to ban sticky stuff on the ball is insane. When I read the article I wondered if his success with Tampa is due to adding a substance to the ball which he did not do while a Pirate? Maybe the Tampa pitching coach did not teach additional mechanics, but taught that adding something foreign to the ball would help spin rate. Just a thought!

I thought adding a foreign substance absent resin, was not allowed.  Can't stand guys like Glasnow and Kuhl talking about this or chalky balls.

Yeah, it's pathetic when they complain that they can't cheat.
GreenWeenie

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by GreenWeenie »

If Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan used something- and umpires have ignored stuff for decades, then it's not cheating. 

What it is is- whiny hitters who can't hit because they swing for fences and miss.

What it is is- another weak attempt by umpires to be The Show.

I never had chalky balls, but if I did, I'd do something about them, I have to admit.  If anyone else did, I wouldn't want to hear about it, either.  ;) 
ChillinStation

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by ChillinStation »

I put chalk on my balls everyday before work and during . It`s hot as hell here in Alabama and I work outside all day . If I don`t , the chaff is a killer. :-X
GreenWeenie

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by GreenWeenie »

Does it do anything for your grip? ;)

Whatever it takes. If you have to be in Alabama...if you have to be a Pirates fan- anywhere- you deserve to be comfortable! ;)
PMike

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by PMike »

744156565D6456565D5A56330 wrote: If Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan used something- and umpires have ignored stuff for decades, then it's not cheating. 

This may be some of the most insane logic I have read in a long time. Think about extrapolating that line of thinking out...
GreenWeenie

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by GreenWeenie »

Some products were acceptable.  Of course, some people took things too far.

I have no objection to the things that no one else cared about, either.  We (fans) didn't even know about them.  That's how "cheating" it was.

If guys like Harry Wendlestadt and Ed Vargo were OK with something, then I'm OK with it.

This other stuff- Pelican This, Spider That?  That's over all lines.

To outlaw all of it?  I'm not in agreement.  Certainly not mid-season.

The "over-the-line" products?  Sure.  That makes more sense to me.
Ecbucs

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by Ecbucs »

some players claim their organizations encouraged them to use the enhancers.

So should teams be fined/punished for doing this if proven?

GreenWeenie

Glasnow Calls Out MLB

Post by GreenWeenie »

My opinion is- depends!

Depends on what substance they encouraged or went along with.

Stuff that was used forever? No.

This new stuff that is intended more for increased spin rather than control? I would like to say Yes. But, I think the right thing to do is No. The line is now established. Cross it at their own risk of harsh penalty.