Tony Watson just hired Scott Boras

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

If anyone thought there was any chance of him sticking around...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/05/ ... boras.html

Or should I just put this under The Departed? ;)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Boras means nothing. I don't underdstand why teams, people are afraid of him. The player still makes the final decision. The market will be known or set.

The draft slotting lost all of Boras's power. That's where he was good. The Pirates have dealt with him before and have never not drafted or offered a player a contract because of Boras.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Good new to say the least. At least now the Bucs will be unlikely to do something dumb like actually sign him to some kind of extension. Thanks Tony for the gift of signing with Bora$$
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

My thoughts exactly. We should call up the Nats and offer him up as a partial solution to their bullpen issues.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I would do it. Watson would be a good fit for Nats and he will not resign with Bucs with Boros as his agent.

Beat'em Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would agree that Watson will not be back with the Bucs in 2018. He will be moved sometime prior to the July 31st trade deadline. It was a little surprising that Watson was not used in the last two wins over the Nats. Neither game was a save situation but on Wednesday the Bucs used Nicasio and yesterday with the six run lead they used Hudson. I wonder if they are auditioning other guys to close games down the road.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4B47461D141D15181F001A2D0 wrote: I would agree that Watson will not be back with the Bucs in 2018. He will be moved sometime prior to the July 31st trade deadline. It was a little surprising that Watson was not used in the last two wins over the Nats. Neither game was a save situation but on Wednesday the Bucs used Nicasio and yesterday with the six run lead they used Hudson. I wonder if they are auditioning other guys to close games down the road.

I assume they were giving Watson the rest. Smart moves in my opinion.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I recently saw an article on Fanrag about the Nats' bullpen search. Didn't even mention Watson, I can imagine they don't want to get hosed again on a reliever rental.
PMike

Post by PMike »

6B5648454A404B694156474140240 wrote: I recently saw an article on Fanrag about the Nats' bullpen search.  Didn't even mention Watson, I can imagine they don't want to get hosed again on a reliever rental.

We will trade them Rivero for Turner.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I believe the Bucs have been trying to limit the number of innings and appearances that Watson needs to make because he strikes me as a pitcher who is essentially worn out. I have no confidence in Tony at this point, but I believe using him less makes sense to try and preserve his arm and the likelihood of his success when he does enter a game.

I also really doubt that anyone would overpay for Watson, but desperation could ultimately sink in with some team.

Rivero is clearly throwing gas. 100 mph is no longer the question, The question now is does he hit 102+. While Rivero has been one of the few bright spots this year, IF he could bring in someone like Turner, the Bucs should look at making the deal.

Lastly, Dusty Baker must be going nuts seeing Rivero enter a game and doing so well when he had him in his grasp last year. Baker is trying to mix and match folks like Oliver Perez and Albers to try and get outs in the 7th and 8th and Rivero comes in and makes Harper look like Phil Gosselin at the plate.