Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

576275757E4775757E7975100 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.
In see they have brought back the " Ghost Runner" rule for extra inning games- any thoughts? At least Surg won't have to sit through 18 inning marathons
After 9 innings they stop playing baseball and substitute a mutated version where an imaginary player leads off with a double. Whatever that is, it isn't baseball. Last year I never watched a game past the 9th inning and will continue to turn that garbage off after 9 innings this year.

You've had too much PIRATES exposure.  Probably Dirty O's, too.

It was garbage for the nine already.  No wonder you can't take it any longer.  ;)

As noted philosopher Popeye once said, "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more."
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

113C31202736216162530 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.
In see they have brought back the " Ghost Runner" rule for extra inning games- any thoughts? At least Surg won't have to sit through 18 inning marathons
After 9 innings they stop playing baseball and substitute a mutated version where an imaginary player leads off with a double. Whatever that is, it isn't baseball. Last year I never watched a game past the 9th inning and will continue to turn that garbage off after 9 innings this year.

The DH, Interleague play, the replay system. Now add the ghost runner to the growing list of ways the owners are ruining what once was a wonderful game.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Pirateskiller Extraordinaire, Albert Puljos, signs on with the Cards just because he needs a little more fun before riding off to the sunset.  Wait til he sees how much our pitching's improved. 
mouse

Off Season Thread

Post by mouse »

And one more change - I see they will experiment with moving second base slightly closer to home, presumably to encourage more steals and more people trying to stretch singles into doubles.
mouse

Off Season Thread

Post by mouse »

Oops - hit send too soon. Here's the article - https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mino ... er-report/
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The world is coming to an end. MLB sucks. I won't watch it anymore. Doesn't matter because the world's coming to an end. ;D
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

162334343F0634343F3834510 wrote: The world is coming to an end.  MLB sucks.  I won't watch it anymore.  Doesn't matter because the world's coming to an end.   ;D
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Rumors, rumors.....mlbnr reports that the Pirates and Oadres are talking Reynolds for, naturally the best treasure trove of suspects humanly possible.
Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

14574E554653425414270 wrote: Pirates acquire INF Josh VanMeter from Arizona in exchange for a minor leaguer. 

OF Jared Oliva has been designated for assignment.
this makes no sense to me. How many infielders does this team need?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... nmet002jos
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm not shocked Oliva was DFA'd. He's never shown anything since being heralded as a good prospect. (Where have we heard that before?). He will probably clear waivers and go to AAA anyway.