Pirates - Marlins, 9-5 Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

If Pirate pitchers weren't surrendering 10 runs this game the 7 the Bucs scored might be enough to win.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates need to finish 5-17 to hit my preseason prediction of 66-96.

That is doable.

This team is absolutely capable of it.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

As Bobster pointed out so well --- This was a mess of a game.

Two teams and two franchises going nowhere playing a generally meaningless game in early September in front of only a handful of onlookers and a few fools like me watching the game on the tube.

Dear Mr. Agrazal ---

I know a lot of pitchers (and far too many on the Pirates) have decided that casually strolling to first is the most appropriate way to act when you actually manage to put some wood on a ball and it remains in fair territory. And, I know that your main role is to pitch and not to hit.

In the future, I ask that you think of this. This is your first and may be your only year in the major leagues. To date, you rarely have made it through 5 innings of a game, meaning that you typically will only get 2 and may be 3 at bats in a game. You likely will strike out in at least one-third of those at bats. So maybe you get 40 AB's in a year in which you actually need to think about moving beyond the batters box.

So in the interest of trying to help you win a game (and make more money) and your team win a game, could you please show a bit of hustle and caring and actually run to first.

P.S. Tallion is the biggest offender among the Pirate pitchers.

iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I don't like it when anyone jogs to first. However, I understand it more in some situations over others. Your CY Young winning pitcher who has had leg injuries in the past, ok. Yadier Molina who is made of glass, I get it. Felipe Vasquez for some strange reason being last on the bench and sacrificing a batter over. I get it. An unheralded rookie pitcher who is trying to make it in the bigs? No effen way.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0901021503030F600 wrote: I don't like it when anyone jogs to first.  However, I understand it more in some situations over others.  Your CY Young winning pitcher who has had leg injuries in the past, ok.  Yadier Molina who is made of glass, I get it.  Felipe Vasquez for some strange reason being last on the bench and sacrificing a batter over.  I get it.  An unheralded rookie pitcher who is trying to make it in the bigs?  No effen way. 
What was particularly disturbing about Agrazal is that he actually slowed down about 3/4ths of the way to 1B as it was becoming obvious Castro might not be able to get to the slow roller in time to get the out. I didn't expect a pitcher to be sprinting to 1B and Agrazal's pace was less than optimum but not too slow. But just when it looked like he would beat the throw if he picked up his pace a little, he slowed down to a casual trot. It actually looked like he didn't want to be safe even with the bases loaded and 2 outs. Fortunately Castro threw the ball away but even a pitcher running to 1B has to try harder than that. It least don't try to be out.