30-29

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

30-29

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The Pirates have lost 12 of 16 and this is the Pirates team I expected to see from the very beginning. That's why I picked them to go 63-99.

Right now they are a bad team, trending in the wrong direction and I am really down on them.

Funny thing is, if you had told me back in March that "the Pirates will be 30-29 on June 5," I would have happily signed up for that immediately and without hesitation.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective and timing.

MaineBucs

30-29

Post by MaineBucs »

This team needs to dig deep and pull off a few (make that quite a few) wins if they want to remain relevant for the rest of the season.

And, with the sparse crowds at PNC, the Bucs will need to start winning soon to try and generate a few more fannies in the seats and to keep Nutting from simply purging the team (with little thought of talent in return) of most salary obligations.

But as noted in the initial post, if you had told me in late March that the Pirates would still be 1 game over .500 at this point, I would have expressed surprise and general satisfaction.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

30-29

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I wish Dickerson, Marte, and Meadows patrolled the outfield together. I wish the media would start asking this question too.
Bobster21

30-29

Post by Bobster21 »

6A485B46454047486B5C4A4A46290 wrote: The Pirates have lost 12 of 16 and this is the Pirates team I expected to see from the very beginning. That's why I picked them to go 63-99.

Right now they are a bad team, trending in the wrong direction and I am really down on them.

Funny thing is, if you had told me back in March that "the Pirates will be 30-29 on June 5," I would have happily signed up for that immediately and without hesitation.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective and timing.
Yes, but that only works in a vacuum when the 30-29 record is seen as a snapshot. When we look at the fact that the 30-29 record represents the train wreck this team has become since having a 26-17 record, 30-29 doesn't look too good. The various W-L records in a 162 game season are merely parts of a process. The 30-29 record we now see, which came about because of the 4-12 tailspin they are in while they play as poorly as preseason predictions suggested, is more representative of the bad team we expected than a good team we were surprised to think we might possibly have.