Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

My Prediction:

A Relief Pitcher for the back end of the bullpen.

An Infielder either 2B or 3B.

If the Pirates are still in it and Polanco is not getting healthy, a waiver wire pick up of an Outfielder.

I don't see any major prospects being dealt, just like the last six years.

(I have no sources. My opinion based on seasons past.)
CarolinaBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by CarolinaBucco »

What I would do:

1. Trade prospects for 1 legitimate starting pitcher.

2. Move Kuhl to the bullpen

3. Trade for 1 actual, professional outfielder. Right now we only have 3 on the roster, and one of them isn't very good at outfielding. Plus, our 3 outfielders are never healthy and available at the same time. This team is desperate for another REAL outfielder. Doesn't have to be great. Just an outfielder who can make the plays that Osuna and Jaso can't.

4. Trade for 1 additional bullpen arm.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2b/3b who will hopefully be around for next year, and an OF (Curtis Granderson?), and BP

SP imo will be too pricey for how much it'll help the team.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Pirates had scouts in Toronto last night to watch Sonny Gray. They were one of many teams represented.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Many many teams I imagine.
Osushawn

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Osushawn »

Why are we looking to add an outfielder via trade when our number one prospect is available.
IABucFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by IABucFan »

172B2D2B30392F36580 wrote: Why are we looking to add an outfielder via trade when our number one prospect is available.

I have high hopes for Meadows, but I don't think he's the answer this year, at least not as long as we're in contention. He'll probably get a September call-up, but isn't he injured right now anyway?
Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

Meadows has a hamstring injury and hasn't played since June 21.
SCBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SCBucco »

557764797A7F78775463757579160 wrote: What I would do:

3. Trade for 1 actual, professional outfielder. Right now we only have 3 on the roster, and one of them isn't very good at outfielding. Plus, our 3 outfielders are never healthy and available at the same time. This team is desperate for another REAL outfielder. Doesn't have to be great. Just an outfielder who can make the plays that Osuna and Jaso can't.

We know the deal here and I do agree with all your points, but Pittsburgh isn't going to send what it will take to get one legitimate pitcher for the rotation. I have asked for one every year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

5848497E6868640B0 wrote: What I would do:

We know the deal here and I do agree with all your points, but Pittsburgh isn't going to send what it will take to get one legitimate pitcher for the rotation.  I have asked for one every year. 

I thought Happ and Nova had the best numbers among starting pitchers who were traded the last two years? I could be wrong, but remember hearing/reading. If not, they both made huge impacts for the Pirates. Do you disagree?