Cole dealt to Astros

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by Bobster21 »

Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.
SammyKhalifa

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

"when his own foul ball hit him in the face"

Haha sounds like something that would happen to a Pirates MLer
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1E2C20203406252C21242B2C4D0 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

Or proves that it can happen to anyone as it happened to an Astro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwUZ9GYx_A8
SammyKhalifa

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by SammyKhalifa »

was just a joke. what an oddball (and horrifying) thing to have happen
timozbuck

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by timozbuck »

515A525E5B5A410402754C545D5A5A1B565A350 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

Why are you so defensive and combative of everything? Obviously it was a joke. Different viewpoints are great, but you truly drive people AWAY from this site.
SCBucco

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by SCBucco »

436E63727564733330010 wrote: It sounds like the Pirates tried to extend Cole and he was not that entertaining to the idea.

What makes you suspect this? Why is it not just as likely that the Pirates felt he was on the decline, and not worth a longer term deal? With the aggregate low ceiling return that they got for Cole from the Astros I think its reasonable to conclude the Pirate$ didn't think he was all that valuable a commodity. Either that or NH is not very good at negotiations and talent evaluation, and he got hosed on the deal.

Huntington: "The reality that in Gerrit’s situation, while he’s going to be a very effective major league pitcher for the next two years, it was only going to be two more years in Pittsburgh before he tested free agency."

Thanks for the quote! Obviously Huntington knew what Cole intended to do, however it still doesn't necessarily mean that Cole's intentions were a unilateral decision. He very well may have come to that decision after the Pirate$ either declined to offer an extension or offered one he considered to be below his value.
Like NH or not, he's only stating what the entire planet knew. Cole and Boros were not going to re-sign with the Pirates. That was never a realistic scenario. 

This is exactly right.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole dealt to Astros

7A676361746C7B6D650E0 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

Why are you so defensive and combative of everything?  Obviously it was a joke.  Different viewpoints are great, but you truly drive people AWAY from this site.

People crap all over the Pirates for every single thing. I am just being fair as most things happen to every team. Everything is so negative.

A positive write up about Moran in Baseball America and the one (one) negative thing was highlighted in a response. Sorry for being fair and not jumping on the negative train.
SammyKhalifa

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2D262E2227263D787E093028212626672A26490 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

Why are you so defensive and combative of everything?  Obviously it was a joke.  Different viewpoints are great, but you truly drive people AWAY from this site.

People crap all over the Pirates for every single thing.  I am just being fair as most things happen to every team.  Everything is so negative.

A positive write up about Moran in Baseball America and the one (one) negative thing was highlighted in a response.  Sorry for being fair and not jumping on the negative train.   

how was that being negative?  i mean, unless it was something he did in the last 48 hours it was clearly not as a pirate. it just sounded like a weird painful thing to happen, and worth mentioning.

man, i end up defending your position more than almost anyone else and i too think the team gets attacked unfairly sometimes.  but sometimes you're just looking for stuff . . .
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole dealt to Astros

4F7D71716557747D70757A7D1C0 wrote: Here's an article on Moran from Baseball America.

People crap all over the Pirates for every single thing.  I am just being fair as most things happen to every team.  Everything is so negative.

A positive write up about Moran in Baseball America and the one (one) negative thing was highlighted in a response.  Sorry for being fair and not jumping on the negative train.   

how was that being negative?  i mean, unless it was something he did in the last 48 hours it was clearly not as a pirate.  it just sounded like a weird painful thing to happen, and worth mentioning.

man, i end up defending your position more than almost anyone else and i too think the team gets attacked unfairly sometimes.  but sometimes you're just looking for stuff . . .

Sammy, I love your position on the Pirates.

A few players have done this over the years. Sorry, for bringing it up.
SammyKhalifa

Cole dealt to Astros

Post by SammyKhalifa »

well it's one of the (many) reasons i'd never make it as a professional ball player. fear of hitting myself in the face.