Playoff brackets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Playoff brackets

Post by Surgnbuck »

WWD rides into the finals as the Rays win game 7. He awaits eithet Doc and the Dodgers or Surg and the Braves.
WildwoodDave

Playoff brackets

Post by WildwoodDave »

WWD rides into the finals as the Rays win game 7. He awaits eithet Doc and the Dodgers or Surg and the Braves.[/quote

Both Doc and Surg will be worthy competitors
GreenWeenie

Playoff brackets

Post by GreenWeenie »

Way to go, Dave. I hear they're starting Charlie all four games.

May the best man win.
WildwoodDave

Playoff brackets

Post by WildwoodDave »

376177636C76666D6077456268646C692B66050 wrote: My question about shedman is does he keep score as Trump does?   :D :D :D :D
__

I play by the rules, but I am considerate of the people playing behind me, so I am not going to tie up the golf course lining up 1 foot putts that I am going to make anyway.
But as doc has said , he(doc) usually wins anyway. At least the Astros cheated and WON
________

Here are some stats on putting:

For all players, any putt inside 2 feet is [highlight]almost[/highlight] a guaranteed make.

For better players, 3-foot putts are [highlight]almost[/highlight] a given unless something radical happens.

For golfers who shoot in the 90’s, 3-foot putts start to become an issue ([highlight]84 percent success rate[/highlight]).

Between 5 and 8 feet, a tour professional’s proficiency drops off dramatically.

Between 5 to 8 feet, scratch golfers begin to show their putting weakness.

Outside of 5 feet, 90’s shooters have extreme difficulty one-putting.

At 10 feet, tour professional only make 40 percent of their putts.

At 20 feet, a 90’s shooter isn’t half as good as a scratch golfer, but the difference between a scratch player and a tour pro is a mere 1 percent.

______

Assuming one might have about 10 putts/round of that distance, that means one would go 10 rounds before he missed a 2 foot putt.  I will just add a stroke to my score every 10 rounds and speed up the game.

The highlighted words are proof enough that no putt is a guarantee, thus requiring anyone who is reporting a score to putt the ball into the hole, which is the objective of the game.
Very good analysis. Will be waiting for Shedman's reply
______

Virtually every group of golfers I play with take gimmees from 1 foot including even competitive leagues.  So, if one doesn't take 1 foot putts, he is at a disadvantage comparing his score to everyone else (save 2 people).  I know, I know - "I am alright, the world is all wrong"

A position that supports everyone cheating is vacant.  Each one of those players granting gimmies does so in order to receive the same benefit: avoiding the risk that comes with putting the ball.  So when it comes to "comparing scores", none of you can do so because, by your estimation, all of the players in the group haven't completed 10 of the holes.  How does anyone know what his score is?

There is only one objective in golf:  to put the ball in the hole in the fewest number of strokes.  If you're not taking the strokes, then you're not meeting the objective.  I don't know how you live with yourself.

______

As I was saying, you have the philosophy that "I am alright, the world is all wrong."

Kettle, meet pot.

Good golfing weather this upcoming week- should be quite a few gimme's
shedman

Playoff brackets

Post by shedman »

5967626A7961616A4A6F786B0E0 wrote: My question about shedman is does he keep score as Trump does?   :D :D :D :D
__

I play by the rules, but I am considerate of the people playing behind me, so I am not going to tie up the golf course lining up 1 foot putts that I am going to make anyway.
But as doc has said , he(doc) usually wins anyway. At least the Astros cheated and WON
________

For all players, any putt inside 2 feet is [highlight]almost[/highlight] a guaranteed make.

For better players, 3-foot putts are [highlight]almost[/highlight] a given unless something radical happens.

For golfers who shoot in the 90’s, 3-foot putts start to become an issue ([highlight]84 percent success rate[/highlight]).

At 20 feet, a 90’s shooter isn’t half as good as a scratch golfer, but the difference between a scratch player and a tour pro is a mere 1 percent.

______

Assuming one might have about 10 putts/round of that distance, that means one would go 10 rounds before he missed a 2 foot putt.  I will just add a stroke to my score every 10 rounds and speed up the game.

The highlighted words are proof enough that no putt is a guarantee, thus requiring anyone who is reporting a score to putt the ball into the hole, which is the objective of the game.
______

Virtually every group of golfers I play with take gimmees from 1 foot including even competitive leagues.  So, if one doesn't take 1 foot putts, he is at a disadvantage comparing his score to everyone else (save 2 people).  I know, I know - "I am alright, the world is all wrong"

A position that supports everyone cheating is vacant.  Each one of those players granting gimmies does so in order to receive the same benefit: avoiding the risk that comes with putting the ball.  So when it comes to "comparing scores", none of you can do so because, by your estimation, all of the players in the group haven't completed 10 of the holes.  How does anyone know what his score is?

There is only one objective in golf:  to put the ball in the hole in the fewest number of strokes.  If you're not taking the strokes, then you're not meeting the objective.  I don't know how you live with yourself.

______

As I was saying, you have the philosophy that "I am alright, the world is all wrong."

Kettle, meet pot.

____

Why do you always take Doc's side? Is he paying you? I have never known him to pay for much of anything???
2drfischer@gmail.c

Playoff brackets

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

447A7F77647C7C7757726576130 wrote: My question about shedman is does he keep score as Trump does?   :D :D :D :D
__

________

______

______

______

Kettle, meet pot.

The weather doesn't need to be good for gimmies. He'll take them if it's hot or cold, wet or dry, rainy or clear.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Playoff brackets

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

2E353839303C335D0 wrote: My question about shedman is does he keep score as Trump does?   :D :D :D :D
__

________

______

______

______

Kettle, meet pot.

____

Why do you always take Doc's side?  Is he paying you?  I have never known him to pay for much of anything???

That's rich coming from you.
GreenWeenie

Playoff brackets

Post by GreenWeenie »

In times like these, I find that it sometimes pays to go back to the basics.

The basics are this:

Here we have Dave- The Crown Prince Of All Welchers- accusing someone else of not reaching into his wallet.

That's that.
shedman

Playoff brackets

Post by shedman »

1124333338013333383F33560 wrote: In times like these, I find that it sometimes pays to go back to the basics.

The basics are this:

Here we have Dave- The Crown Prince Of All Welchers- accusing someone else of not reaching into his wallet.

That's that.
_______

How could WWD be so cheap that he wouldn't pay off his debts?
Surgnbuck

Playoff brackets

Post by Surgnbuck »

The Dodgers take Doc into the finals against Wild Wood Dave.

Good luck Gents!