Official Game Thread All Star Game 7/13/2021 AL vs. NL

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Guerrero Jr. gets his second RBI, this time with a ball he hit about 68 feet on a ground out
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

486568797E6F78383B0A0 wrote: I'm guessing these boring uniforms will sell better overseas. Our pro sports are heavily invested in China and that country and others that don't have an affinity for a particular team probably love the latest MLB uniforms. American fans of their own teams probably don't want the generic duds. But MLB is all about the money whether fans like it or not. If they can make a bundle in China by upsetting American fans, they won't hesitate. 

Indeed. Was there ever a time when the owners considered the fans or what they thought?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Hey!!! Buck and Smoltz finally realize Realmuto is here! HR by the Philly.

Reynolds grounds out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I can’t believe the umpires are letting the pitcher use that silver-colored glove.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Frazier grounds out.

I'm guessing that's the end of the night for both our Bucs. If so, I'm just going to lay down with the game on and call it a night.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6A3C2A3E312B3B303D2A183F35393134763B580 wrote: I can’t believe the umpires are letting the pitcher use that silver-colored glove. 
Neither can I. That's a safety issue. I'd like to hear what the players thought. Realmuto probably wants every pitcher to wear one though!
BenM

Post by BenM »

406D60717667703033020 wrote: I'm guessing these boring uniforms will sell better overseas. Our pro sports are heavily invested in China and that country and others that don't have an affinity for a particular team probably love the latest MLB uniforms. American fans of their own teams probably don't want the generic duds. But MLB is all about the money whether fans like it or not. If they can make a bundle in China by upsetting American fans, they won't hesitate. 

I doubt this has anything to do with China. They really don't care about baseball. Premier League Football, the NBA, Formula 1? Yes.

MLB, not so much.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

03242F0C410 wrote: I'm guessing these boring uniforms will sell better overseas. Our pro sports are heavily invested in China and that country and others that don't have an affinity for a particular team probably love the latest MLB uniforms. American fans of their own teams probably don't want the generic duds. But MLB is all about the money whether fans like it or not. If they can make a bundle in China by upsetting American fans, they won't hesitate. 

I doubt this has anything to do with China. They really don't care about baseball. Premier League Football, the NBA, Formula 1? Yes.

MLB, not so much.
Au contraire.

MLB cultivating interest in China
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I doubt that any team lost even one jersey sale as the result of someone buying an ASG jersey.  It's not like someone chooses between the two.  It's probably a hotter item in the host region and among collectors.
BenM

Post by BenM »

153835242332256566570 wrote: I'm guessing these boring uniforms will sell better overseas. Our pro sports are heavily invested in China and that country and others that don't have an affinity for a particular team probably love the latest MLB uniforms. American fans of their own teams probably don't want the generic duds. But MLB is all about the money whether fans like it or not. If they can make a bundle in China by upsetting American fans, they won't hesitate. 

MLB, not so much.
Au contraire.

MLB cultivating interest in China

The Chinese Baseball League mentioned in that article ceased operation a couple of years ago. Its successor is a league that has four teams.

It's clear that MLB wants to be in China (almost every business does), but I'm not sure the feeling is mutual.