News on color guys.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

News on color guys.

Post by Bobster21 »

7D787F79717B627F7665636E170 wrote: Maybe they should have also promoted Robby "How Does That Make You Feel" Incmikoski to Grease Trap Supervisor at Manny's BBQ.
"Manny, what does it mean to you to sell a BBQ sandwich?"

Between Robby and Joe Block, viewers are routinely tortured. 

I have literally turned off the sound just to avoid hearing Block and I generally fast forward past Inky.

You're not alone. I frequently mute Joe Block. I try to stand it as long as I can but it never takes long before I reach for the mute button.
johnfluharty

News on color guys.

Post by johnfluharty »

5F727F6E69786F2F2C1D0 wrote: Maybe they should have also promoted Robby "How Does That Make You Feel" Incmikoski to Grease Trap Supervisor at Manny's BBQ.
"Manny, what does it mean to you to sell a BBQ sandwich?"

Between Robby and Joe Block, viewers are routinely tortured. 

I have literally turned off the sound just to avoid hearing Block and I generally fast forward past Inky.

You're not alone. I frequently mute Joe Block. I try to stand it as long as I can but it never takes long before I reach for the mute button.

I have read that if you set up 5.1 surround sound on your TV you can then turn off the center channel and eliminate the broadcast while still hearing the rest of the sounds. I may try that this coming season.
sdimmick3

News on color guys.

Post by sdimmick3 »

I'd pay Lanny Frattare to come out of retirement
SammyKhalifa

News on color guys.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3E29242020242E267E4D0 wrote: I'd pay Lanny Frattare to come out of retirement
I don't think he left on the best terms.
DemDog

News on color guys.

Post by DemDog »

7D6A676363676D653D0E0 wrote: I'd pay Lanny Frattare to come out of retirement

Or bring back Kent Dirdivanis or even the ghost of Milo Hamilton!
2drfischer@gmail.c

News on color guys.

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

143934252233246467560 wrote: I guess we're still stuck with Ramblin' Joe Block. :(

Not much of a Block fan, either.  I listen to all of the games on the radio and, when he's on, I turn the game off.
PMike

News on color guys.

Post by PMike »

2B303D3C353936580 wrote: I was sure hoping that they would get rid of squeaky McHenry.

I am not a fan of him either. He is a non stop run of class sports cliches.
DemDog

News on color guys.

Post by DemDog »

Thinking out of the box I was just reading P2 update about the Bucs in the Puerto Rican Winter League playoffs. It featured Socrates Brito who put on a hitting show during the game. I got a real kick out of the Spanish speaking announcer and the energy he used to describe the action. Now I do not speak a word of Spanish but I would rather listen to him than Joe Block.
Bobster21

News on color guys.

Post by Bobster21 »

6A4B436A41492E0 wrote: Thinking out of the box I was just reading P2 update about the Bucs in the Puerto Rican Winter League playoffs.  It featured Socrates Brito who put on a hitting show during the game.  I got a real kick out of the Spanish speaking announcer and the energy he used to describe the action.  Now I do not speak a word of Spanish but I would rather listen to him than Joe Block.
I'd rather listen to a mime than Joe Block. :)
DemDog

News on color guys.

Post by DemDog »

082528393E2F38787B4A0 wrote: Thinking out of the box I was just reading P2 update about the Bucs in the Puerto Rican Winter League playoffs.  It featured Socrates Brito who put on a hitting show during the game.  I got a real kick out of the Spanish speaking announcer and the energy he used to describe the action.  Now I do not speak a word of Spanish but I would rather listen to him than Joe Block.
I'd rather listen to a mime than Joe Block. :)

Ooooo, that hurts! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D