Pirates vs Brewers 6/1, 4:05 start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Last night Kingham lasted 3 innings giving up 2 runs in the 1st, 2 more in the 2nd and 1 more in the 3rd on 6 hits, 2 walks and 2 HRs.

His previous game was 3 runs and 7 hits in 4.2 IP.

Before that it was 6 runs, 9 hits, 4 BBs in 4 IP.

Before that it was 7 runs, 10 hits in 4 IP.

Before that it was 2 runs, 3 hits, 3 walks in 4 innings.

Before that it was 4 runs, 5 hits, 2 BBs in 2.1 IP.

This was his comment after yet another in a continuing series of terrible outings that now has him with an 8.91 ERA, 2.01 WHIP, 48 hits, 17 walks and 32 ERs in 32.1 innings; literally a run per inning:

“A couple things didn’t go my way, but overall I felt like I attacked the zone and did what I was trying to do tonight.”

https://triblive.com/sports/pirates-los ... t-brewers/

Sounds like he's pretty pleased with his game. I read these types of comments after just about every bad game by every Pirate pitcher. They seem to be in denial. I know this is the PC world we live in and everybody gets a participation trophy regardless of results but somebody in the Pirate organization needs to get thru to these guys that consistently bad performance is unacceptable and not the source for some misguided pride in a failing effort.

Kingham should be talking about what went wrong and what he needs to do to become adequate. A couple things didn't go his way???" Seriously? Just a couple? Would those be the couple walks or the couple HRs or the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 hits he gave up in 3 short innings of work? He did what he was trying to do? Really? I'd hate to see the results if he had not accomplished what he was trying to do. Searage (Mr. Pitching Guru) and Hurdle (Mr. Motivation) need to be lighting a fire under these guys and not accepting this attitude that a terrible outing is good enough. If all Kingham is learning is to be positive no matter how bad he pitches, then there doersn't seem to be much motivation to improve.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I have lost total faith in this coaching staff to get the most out of these guys especially the pitching staff. The amount of games this team has blown after the 7th and 8th inning this year is truly alarming. There is obviously something seriously wrong there and apparently the problem is not getting addressed since it continues to happen time and time again.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

10372622273A05312627273A430 wrote: Yea I have lost total faith in this coaching staff to get the most out of these guys especially the pitching staff. The amount of games this team has blown after the 7th and 8th inning this year is truly alarming. There is obviously something seriously wrong there and apparently the problem is not getting addressed since it continues to happen time and time again.

I think you also have to keep in mind that half of these guys shouldn’t even be in the majors right now. Gotta keep that in perspective.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Then draft better or sign better players or cut ties. Kingham was a highly rated prospect so that’s more on management then anything for not developing these players. Quit calling up Neverauakas as well the guy sucks. How much more do they need to see out of him before they realize he stinks and can’t help them win.