Game Thread - 9/11 - Bucs @ Royals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

71425E5F5C54625F4458434455595E300 wrote: Polanco's due $11.5 million next year plus a $3 million buyout for 2022, so he's not likely to go anywhere until his cost-benefit for an acquiring team changes pretty drastically.

For us, that money's a sunk cost.  You have to ask yourself, if someone else cut Polanco, would you take a flyer on him? He's not old, he's had a couple decent seasons, you have no outfielders.  He's exactly the kind of guy we should be trying to reclaim.

I have no doubt, Babe, if Polanco had been playing with another organization, and he was released, NH, were he still here, would claim him before the day was done. The trouble is, he'd come here and get worse. We all know what's really going to happen, though. BC will release Polanco, who will then shine wherever he ends up. It's just the way it works with the Pirates.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

At $11 million, no way would Huntington go near him.

He would know that BOB would fire him faster than a loose-lipped secretary who drank too much and talked with the media about DT's daughter.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

25040C250E06610 wrote: Anything's possible...could be so many things.  When it comes to eye exams or any other exams, I would think that they get checked for certain things every once in a while.  I'd expect the team doctors to be on those kinds of things....and, of course, the player's personal doctors.  I wouldn't be surprised if the team has an eye doctor on retention. 

BOB won't pay for Pearle Vision Center.  Probably uses Cubic Zirconia Eye Center.  They're like my doctor.  Uses the same eye chart every year.  I have it memorized.  ECDOGF.  "Your eyes are pretty good!"   

GW if you have those letters memorized you have to be blind.  The proper letters for 20/15 eyesight which I have and do not have memorized are LEFODPCT!  That tells me that your eye doctor is an out of work MLB Umpire!   :D :D :D :D :D

I have a LMG OJT eye doctor.