Official Game Thread - 4/5 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I love home runs. But I truly hate this park.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: Feliz is trying to put the game out of reach. I am surprised he is still  part of their bullpen.
He has never been good. I have no idea why he is on the team.
I'm going to pile on here he's know been through 2 different pirate mangers and still they keep rolling this awful so called pitcher out. He's been awful with us for the last 4 years and still taking up a spot on the roster. Competent management would have cancel this sucker 3 years ago. Cherington judgement is beginning to worry me.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

766E6C6B6B7C6D6A777660050 wrote: Feliz is trying to put the game out of reach. I am surprised he is still  part of their bullpen.
I'm going to pile on here he's know been  through 2 different pirate mangers and still they keep rolling this awful so called pitcher out.  He's been awful with us for the last 4 years and still taking up a spot on the roster.  Competent management would have cancel this sucker 3 years ago.  Cherington  judgement is beginning to worry me.
I would much rather have an extra bench player and 1 less pitcher than carry Feliz. How much worse can a 2nd inning of any other reliever be than 1 inning of Feliz?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

446964757263743437060 wrote: Feliz is trying to put the game out of reach. I am surprised he is still  part of their bullpen.
I'm going to pile on here he's know been  through 2 different pirate mangers and still they keep rolling this awful so called pitcher out.  He's been awful with us for the last 4 years and still taking up a spot on the roster.  Competent management would have cancel this sucker 3 years ago.  Cherington  judgement is beginning to worry me.
I would much rather have an extra bench player and 1 less pitcher than carry Feliz. How much worse can a 2nd inning of any other reliever be than 1 inning of Feliz?

Maybe they will dump Feliz, and add Frazier as the fifth bench player.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

But the blaring hole in this team is offense. We have virtually no hitting. I'd get Cruz, Nick Gonzales, B. Goodwin up quickly at least they have not proven they can't hit at the major league level. Why would anyone have E. Gonzales, Polanco, Alford/Fowler you've effectively with the pitcher only have 5 guys with any chance of getting hits and 4 of the 5 are below average hitters.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

362E2C2B2B3C2D2A373620450 wrote: But the blaring hole in this team is offense.   We have virtually no hitting.  I'd get Cruz, Nick Gonzales, B. Goodwin up quickly at least they have not proven they can't hit at the major league level.  Why would anyone have E. Gonzales, Polanco, Alford/Fowler you've effectively with the pitcher only have 5 guys with any chance of getting hits and 4 of the 5 are below average hitters.

yes, which makes it even more frustrating to have a short bench. I think at least for start of season the team should have another bench player and one less pitcher. If pitchers get over extended then send somebody down. That is the entire point of having pitchers with options.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The points being made in this thread are all legitimate but I'm afraid we're not seeing the big picture. Playing Polanco, Feliz, Alford, et al is for no other reason than to improve the chances of losing. It's all about securing that first draft pick next year. Who better than the guys mentioned to make sure that happens?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: The points being made in this thread are all legitimate but I'm afraid we're not seeing the big picture.  Playing Polanco, Feliz, Alford, et al is for no other reason than to improve the chances of losing.  It's all about securing that first draft pick next year.  Who better than the guys mentioned to make sure that happens?
The bucs have played only 4 games. What will be saying in August?
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Going out on a limb here but our beloved BUCS will never see .500 again this season.

Any bets???? ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Remember back in the first few weeks of Spring Training when everyone was telling us how Polanco had reworked his swing, how it was shorter, and that he was ready to be that player we had all hoped he'd be? Already we're hearing from Shelton that Polanco's swing is off track again. We've heard all of this a few times before. It's impossible for this guy to retain what he's learned, which explains the base running and the bonehead plays in RF.

He needs to start hitting so that BC can at least get a warm body if he can work out a trade. Not only is he hindering the team now with his play, but he's also hurting the organization for the future in that he's not going to bring a contributing player here in exchange.