Wildcard chances...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Wildcard chances...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

00243D2A273C2A3F4B0 wrote: " I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with your defense of a Management team who has never won anything.

I don't think the "never won a championship" is a good indicator of the quality of a player/coach/front office.  Lot's of the greatest ever never won a championship.  Conversely, all sorts of subpar players and coaches have won championships.
--

I think it is different for players and GM's.  Of course there are great players who never had enough good players on a team to win a championship.  But the purpose of a GM is to field a winning team.   There are no good/great GM's who have never won anything.

Not an all time great =/= "worst in all of baseball, if not all of sports."  I don't think people tire of the understandable criticism just the hyperbole.
mouse

Wildcard chances...

Post by mouse »

Hmmm . . . Cubs apparently adding Daniel Murphy and Cards adding Matt Adams. I could see Adams doing well in Pittsburgh, and being no worse than Bell at first.
Ecbucs

Wildcard chances...

Post by Ecbucs »

7173696F791C0 wrote: Hmmm . . . Cubs apparently adding Daniel Murphy and Cards adding Matt Adams. I could see Adams doing well in Pittsburgh, and being no worse than Bell at first.

Nats are 1/2 game in back of Pirates and throwing in the towel. Cards are basically tied for second wild card and trying to keep it. I'm hoping the Cards fall short.
SammyKhalifa

Wildcard chances...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Speaking of worst management teams, look at what the Nats have squandered with what is arguably a much more enviable position that we'd ever get in Pittsburgh no matter who owned the team.
BenM

Wildcard chances...

Post by BenM »

Murphy has to be bummed at leaving the NL East. He absolutely feasted on the Mets. (1.162 OPS)
Bobster21

Wildcard chances...

Post by Bobster21 »

55676B6B7F4D6E676A6F6067060 wrote: Speaking of worst management teams, look at what the Nats have squandered with what is arguably a much more enviable position that we'd ever get in Pittsburgh no matter who owned the team.
Tons of injuries for the Nats this year. Currently have 6 pitchers on DL including Strasburg (who's missed about half the season), Hellickson and closer Doolittle. Gio Gonzalez has had a bad season. Ryan Zimmerman and Matt Wieters also missed a lot of time with injuries.
SammyKhalifa

Wildcard chances...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ya, but they've had an all time great player for the past several years, leeway from what I can gather do basically whatever they wanted, in a great market, and netted "nothing" for a wide variety of reasons.
Kovalwat

Wildcard chances...

Post by Kovalwat »

4E7C70706456757C71747B7C1D0 wrote: Ya, but they've had an all time great player for the past several years, leeway from what I can gather do basically whatever they wanted, in a great market, and netted "nothing" for a wide variety of reasons.
---

The Washington Nationals have won 4 Division Championships in the past 6 years, Doofus Huntington has won none over the course of his career. He is the worst GM in all of baseball.