Draft poll

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Draft poll

Post by Surgnbuck »

0C5A4C58574D5D565B4C7E59535F5752105D3E0 wrote: McCarthy strikes out and Kelly does the same.  So far, so good.  To the 3rd we go, Bucs up 2-0.

HAHAHA!  I’m trying to do three things at once and didn’t realize.  What a dumb ass.
Ah, hell no. You just keep on doing what you're doing, wherever you want to do it. You're "The Doc".
JollyRoger

Draft poll

Post by JollyRoger »

Was originally all in on Crews. However given the demands that he is supposedly making, I hope they draft Skenes. They should still be able to save some money and Skenes is a unicorn and would be the best pitcher we have seen since we had Cole.

We will never be able to afford a talent like that for what he gets as a bonus. Draft him and hope we can win a WS before he prices himself out of the Burgh
IABucFan

Draft poll

Post by IABucFan »

Major issue is that the Pirates will never pay for a pitcher like Skenes OR a bat like Crews. They need both. But won’t pay for either outside of the draft. Hopefully, they can at least get one tonight.
Bobster21

Draft poll

Post by Bobster21 »

50585B6C7A5F7877190 wrote: Major issue is that the Pirates will never pay for a pitcher like Skenes OR a bat like Crews. They need both. But won’t pay for either outside of the draft. Hopefully, they can at least get one tonight.
I prefer Crews. They'll have a short window before either gets traded before reaching free agency and pitchers usually need a few years in MLB to reach their potential. Cole had only 1 great year as a Pirate. Hitters develop faster.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Draft poll

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: McCarthy strikes out and Kelly does the same.  So far, so good.  To the 3rd we go, Bucs up 2-0.

HAHAHA!  I’m trying to do three things at once and didn’t realize.  What a dumb ass.
Ah, hell no. You just keep on doing what you're doing, wherever you want to do it. You're "The Doc".

More like “the Dope”.
INbuc

Draft poll

Post by INbuc »

Crews would be an excellent selection. But Crews didn't win a CWS until Skenes arrived. I think Skenes is the pick.
JollyRoger

Draft poll

Post by JollyRoger »

Today was a perfect day. Pirate win in Arizona and BC does the right thing and selects Skenes. We just drafted our next Gerrit Cole

Playoffs are a year or 2 away!
Bobster21

Draft poll

Post by Bobster21 »

0B2E2D2D38132E262433410 wrote: Today was a perfect day. Pirate win in Arizona and BC does the right thing and selects Skenes. We just drafted our next Gerrit Cole

They better hope Skenes becomes a dominant MLB pitcher very quickly because Keller is a FA in 2026 and if they can't sign him, they'll trade him in 2025. Signing Keller to an extension would be a big move if Nutting is willing to pay and Keller is willing to stay.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Draft poll

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: Today was a perfect day. Pirate win in Arizona and BC does the right thing and selects Skenes. We just drafted our next Gerrit Cole

They better hope Skenes becomes a dominant MLB pitcher very quickly because Keller is a FA in 2026 and if they can't sign him, they'll trade him in 2025. Signing Keller to an extension would be a big move if Nutting is willing to pay and Keller is willing to stay.

I just made the same comment in another thread. Keller needs to be extended by four years or so to make Skenes’ selection an even better one. Those two guys together for up to six years would be tremendous, injuries not withstanding.