Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 4/27 - Bucs vs Royals

Post by Surgnbuck »

Raising it from PNC Park!!!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

1. For what it's worth the Royals have the best record in baseball.

2. I cannot get over the bullpen. Man it has been LIGHTS-OUT.

3. It's still very early and I'm still not a real believer yet ... but man this is fun and this team has REALLY overachieved.

4. And maybe one day we'll be able to add an elite young talent back into the lineup at 3B.

5. Anderson has been an excellent addition.

6. Now we need Keller to continue to make progress tomorrow night.

7. For the first time in a while I feel like we have a GM running the franchise who really knows what he's doing and is pushing all the right buttons.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

the start to this season has me flummoxed!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

What the heck is wrong with Robbie? His questions always imply there's some tangible, specific reason why the team plays well as opposed to not playing well. If that were the case teams would latch onto the secret formula and never lose. Moran tells him it's just a matter of playing good baseball with good pitching, defense and timely hits. But that doesn't satisfy Robbie's need to get to the real answer. Winning can't just be the result of playing good baseball. There has to be some magical reason. So he tells Moran that it can't be that simple. "What drives that?," he asks. So Moran tells him they have good guys playing good baseball. Robbie just doesn't seem to understand that you win by playing the game well and not by some magical formula that supersedes pitching, defense and hitting. I never liked Dan Potash because he always tried to be too dramatic. But at least he wasn't the clueless moron that Robbie is.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

311710050C00170109620 wrote: Raising it from PNC Park!!!
Good for you Surg- Amazing so far!!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Who knows how long this is gonna last but you can’t overlook that they are 11-5 in their last 16 games and their bullpen has an ERA of 1.75 in that stretch. What has me excited is they are doing this without their “top” pitcher in Mitch Keller not pitching very well, and without their best position player Ke’Bryan Hayes who has been out almost a month now.

Getting Hayes back makes the lineup and team overall better and if they can continue to sustain what they are doing now that has me very very interested in watching this team over the next month or so. If they win one of these next two games they have left I’m April they finish the month with a winning record and nobody and I mean nobody in their right mind thought that would be possible.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

406667706676050 wrote: the start to this season has me flummoxed!

I'm convinced we are in a parallel universe.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5047514104020503050B320 wrote: the start to this season has me flummoxed!

I'm convinced we are in a parallel universe.
I'm almost tempted to think that Pirates management knows more than we do.

Nah. Can't be that. That's crazy talk.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I want to say this team reminds me somewhat of the 2011 team. There are some parallels. But I think it's actually more reminiscent of the 1986 team, Jim Leyland's first season with the Bucs.

They were coming off a horrendous campaign, and the expectations were low, and for the most part, they were met. But that team came out and made you beat them. They made the other more talented teams have to have their talent come to play. They played fundamentally sound, and got better as the season progressed.

This team I think is going to be the same way. Other teams are going to have to show up and not take them for granted as a sure win. They won't roll over for anyone.

If they do what that team did, NOT lose 100 games, maybe we can get Lloyd McClendon in uniform to lead them in a celebration.