Bucs need a backup CF

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1000013620202C430 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Because this cheap organization is too busy bringing in non talent on minor league contracts and not addressing the key problems.  They aren't solving anything.  That is why.

You need to realize they are rebuilding. I am not sure why you haven't yet.
Bobster21

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by Bobster21 »

5F545C5055544F0A0C7B425A5354541558543B0 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Because this cheap organization is too busy bringing in non talent on minor league contracts and not addressing the key problems.  They aren't solving anything.  That is why.

Maybe because the FO insists it's not rebuilding.
dmetz

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by dmetz »

5E555D5154554E0B0D7A435B5255551459553A0 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Why would a rebuilding team waste at bats on a 35yr old never has been in a corner OF spot? NH says we aren't rebuilding.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bucs need a backup CF

050C04151B610 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Why would a rebuilding team waste at bats on a 35yr old never has been in a corner OF spot?  NH says we aren't rebuilding.   

It was a minor league contract for Nava.

You didn't believe Huntington before, so why do you believe him now?
dmetz

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by dmetz »

242F272B2E2F347177003921282F2F6E232F400 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Why would a rebuilding team waste at bats on a 35yr old never has been in a corner OF spot?  NH says we aren't rebuilding.   

Because his actions and trade returns indicate that he stupidly really believes what he's says.   He one of the worst GMs in the game and about 24 hours after your make believe boss, Bob Nutting, fires him you'll mysteriously come to the same conclusion.

Just like with Littlefield

You deserve this team
sdimmick3

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by sdimmick3 »

i was PO when they traded Broxton for Jason Rogers, i think he'd be available now....i doubt it takes Harrison to get him. Get it done, i think he'd be an excellent, cheap, backup CF.
fjk090852-7

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by fjk090852-7 »

626B63727C060 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

Because his actions and trade returns indicate that he stupidly really believes what he's says.   He one of the worst GMs in the game and about 24 hours after your make believe boss, Bob Nutting, fires him you'll mysteriously come to the same conclusion.

You deserve this team
I don’t think Huntington is a poor GM. He works for boss who pinches pennies for his baseball team. I would like to see what Huntington could do if he worked for an owner who permitted him to spend 15 -20 million dollars per year more.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bucs need a backup CF

262F273638420 wrote: If Nava stinks, they will just cut him like they have to so many other players they brought in. I'm not sure why so many people are up in arms over a minor league contract?

You deserve this team

His actions are that he just traded his two best players. He just brought in a 35 year old on a minor league deal. But you think he is competing?

Huntington gets the benefit of the doubt for now, but I am not a fan of Huntington at this point. I think I have made that very clear. By the way, I never liked Littlefield.
ArnoldRothstein

Bucs need a backup CF

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I don’t think Huntington is a poor GM. He works for boss who pinches pennies for his baseball team. I would like to see what Huntington could do if he worked for an owner who permitted him to spend 15 -20 million dollars per year more.

NH is one of the longest tenured GMs in baseball, and just upped for four more tears. Either he sees eye to eye with his boss, or else he's not wanted elsewhere.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bucs need a backup CF

5F6C7071727A4C716A766D6A7B77701E0 wrote:

NH is one of the longest tenured GMs in baseball,  and just upped for four more tears. Either he sees eye to eye with his boss, or else he's not wanted elsewhere.

According to Wiki, Huntington is 4th in tenure behind Yankees, Rangers, and Royals.