8/12 Game Thread Bucs@Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

0220332E2D282F20033422222E410 wrote: If you had told me at the start of the week the Pirates would go 2-1 in Denver and 2-2 in San Fran, I would have thought that was acceptable.

But since one of the losses was the result of SACRIFICING A WIN with the "Clay Holmes Experiment," then I cannot be happy with hte 2-2 in SF. That should have been 3-1, no doubt about it.

A truly embarrassing moment for this franchise. Making the decision to LITERALLY GIVE AWAY GAMES. Inexcusable.
Over the years I've watched Hurdle give away many games, unbelievable he has 3 more years guaranteed.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Cubbies helped the Bucs out tonight. Maybe the Nats will cool off after this loss.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

694F4E594F5F2C0 wrote: Cubbies helped the Bucs out tonight.  Maybe the Nats will cool off after this loss. The Nationals really aren’t the Pirates problem right now catching teams like the Braves,Brewers,DBacks,Rockies, and the Cardinals are the main concern. They are 5 games back of a playoff spot with 43 games left so while there is still time to make up ground the Pirates can’t continue to tread water and stay status quo in the standings each week. They have to start making up some ground here within these next I’d say 10-15 games as we approach late August early September. Some point in the next few weeks when we are under 30 games left to be played time and games left is going to start to be a much bigger factor. So you better start winning more consistently soon if you’re the Pirates.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Hech should be splitting time at SS.  Especially vs RHP since Jordy can't really hit in that split either.

If we insist on playing Moran vs RHP over Freese, let's play Hech to make up some range and glove over there. IF defense keeps killing us.