Kela to IL

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Kela to IL

Post by Bobster21 »

5C697E7E754C7E7E75727E1B0 wrote: I don't care if we play two games.  We'd find a way to lose all three. 

Are we able to draft Mario or Sid again?  They have something worth seeing.  That's pretty much what we need, until they get dumped, too.   
:D :D :D
steve49

Kela to IL

Post by steve49 »

163D2A255C0 wrote: Anyone know how Burdi pitched in the 9th ? I see he did give up a run .

He gave up a hard hit double to the leadoff hitter. A passed ball moved him to 3rd and he scored on an infield single.

Burdi struck out 2 and walked none, and looked, from my vantage point, to throw very well.

Given the Crick disaster, Burdi could be a better 9th inning option going forward.

I play in a few high stake fantasy leagues and have bought Burdi in 2 auctions for $3 and $1. IMO , if he stays healthy , he's the odds on favorite to close for the next few years. I think even if Kela returns and does well , he'll be trade bait.
Javy

Kela to IL

Post by Javy »

Probably a pretty good gamble, especially given the liklihood that Kela gets dealt
WildwoodDave

Kela to IL

Post by WildwoodDave »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.
the silver lining is that the season (sixty games will go quickly. We won't be forced to endure the agonizing 162 game schedule
Bobster21

Kela to IL

Post by Bobster21 »

112F2A223129292202273023460 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.
the silver lining is that the season (sixty games will go quickly. We won't be forced to endure the agonizing 162 game schedule
Another silver lining is less of Joe Block. You can't put a price on that.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Kela to IL

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.

It's sad that among the better alternatives to listening to him is not listening at all.
GreenWeenie

Kela to IL

Post by GreenWeenie »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.

Greg Brown annoys me to no end. He's the BOB of announcers in my book. Only not as cheap. Just because nobody is.

They should dump Brown and hear what they have with anybody else.
DemDog

Kela to IL

Post by DemDog »

1D4B5D49465C4C474A5D6F48424E4643014C2F0 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.

It's sad that among the better alternatives to listening to him is not listening at all.

I wonder if there is a way to just "mute" Block when he talks just like you can do on Zoom? Now that would be great.
Bobster21

Kela to IL

Post by Bobster21 »

416068416A62050 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.

I wonder if there is a way to just "mute" Block when he talks just like you can do on Zoom?  Now that would be great.

At least MLB.TV gives you the option of overlaying the radio broadcast while watching the game. So if Block does TV you can listen to the radio audio instead of subjecting yourself to his 3 hour stream of consciousness broadcasts. I started doing that last year.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Kela to IL

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: For a bad team, the fewer games the better. Even bad teams have an occasional good stretch of games. But over the long run the cream rises to the top and the anvil sinks to the bottom. If the Pirates have a good stretch within the small schedule there might not be enough other games to show how bad they truly are.

I wonder if there is a way to just "mute" Block when he talks just like you can do on Zoom?  Now that would be great.

At least MLB.TV gives you the option of overlaying the radio broadcast while watching the game. So if Block does TV you can listen to the radio audio instead of subjecting yourself to his 3 hour stream of consciousness broadcasts. I started doing that last year.

I only listen to games on the radio. When he's on, I turn it off. That's actually become a better alternative for me. It's sad that I do that but I just can't take it. I'll find out what happened in the game later.