Post by JollyRoger »

Castro doing what Castro does. Another K
JollyRoger

Official Game Thread - 7/4 - Bucs @ Dodgers

Post by JollyRoger »

What a rally!!

There is nothing as sweet as beating the Dodgers in LA

Spoiled egotistical Dodger fans

I’m loving it. Brought my JollyRoger and was able to hoist the colors in front of a sea of blue
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Raise it! Got to watch some of the rally at work. Glad you got to represent JR!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Another ninth inning heroics. Really needed this one!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

193C3F3F2A013C343621530 wrote: What a rally!!   

There is nothing as sweet as beating the Dodgers in LA

Spoiled egotistical Dodger fans

I’m loving it. Brought my JollyRoger and was able to hoist the colors in front of a sea of blue
Good job, JR!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Davis, Gonzales and Triolo were a combined 6 for 13, 5 runs and 4 RBIs. And they are hitting consistently. Of course it's a very small sample size but Davis is at .296, Gonzales .314 and Triolo .292.

And Palacios continues to contribute off the bench. As a starter, he's hitting only .216. But as a PHer, he's 5 for 7.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

426F62737465723231000 wrote: Davis, Gonzales and Triolo were a combined 6 for 13, 5 runs and 4 RBIs. And they are hitting consistently. Of course it's a very small sample size but Davis is at .296, Gonzales .314 and Triolo .292.

And Palacios continues to contribute off the bench. As a starter, he's hitting only .216. But as a PHer, he's 5 for 7.

This is all really encouraging. How long has it been since we've seen youngsters arrive who actually show legitimate promise? We're seeing why it was so important to get these guys here for the final three or four months of this season so that they're that much more prepared for 2024. This is the most excited I've been for Pirates baseball in eight years.

I had reasonable expectations that both Davis and Gonzales were going to be above average players in the big leagues. But Triolo is someone who might really surprise us. He could be the answer to first base if Hayes can somehow provide more offense. He's surprised me a great deal and I find him easy to root for.
Javy

Post by Javy »

i think they should take the next logical step and bring Endy up to catch the bulk of the games. Let him learn from Delay, and cut Hedges.

All that pitch framing expertise doesn't help much when the pitch you are trying to frame never reaches the catchers mitt in the first place.

Also, time to move on from Hill as was suggested elsewhere, and promote Priester.

I agree Doc, most positive I have felt about the Pirates in quite some time!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4B607778010 wrote: i think they should take the next logical step and bring Endy up to catch the bulk of the games. Let him learn from Delay, and cut Hedges.

All that pitch framing expertise doesn't help much when the pitch you are trying to frame never reaches the catchers mitt in the first place.

Also, time to move on from Hill as was suggested elsewhere, and promote Priester.

I agree Doc, most positive I have felt about the Pirates in quite some time!
Agree about Endy. But I'd rather have Hill starting than Ortiz or Bido. Let Priester replace one of them and then Hill can walk after the season.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Good win on what is likely to be a nasty road trip. Collectively, the pen again exceeds expectations and their pedigrees and helps to give the offense a chance to come back, which is exactly what they did against the Dodgers closer.

With Hayes scheduled to return I hope that they option Castro and keep Triolo up at least until Choi is put back on the roster. Also hope that they keep in the minors until after the All Star break. Davis is looking pretty comfortable in RF. But, if his long-term future is splitting catching duties with Endy, at some point the Bucs need to put him behind the plate.