40-Man Roster Day Today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by fjk090852-7 »

426F62737465723231000 wrote: I won't complain if they take Neverauskas off the 40-man. I might complain if they don't.
I agree remove him from the roster.
SCBucco

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by SCBucco »

7A5D5675380 wrote: Vazquez has to be one to come off, doesn't he? I mean, if 21 of the most vile felony charges imaginable aren't enough to get you released, I don't know what is. I can't envision a scenario where the union tries to actually get the Pirates to pay him this year.

Vazquez is not currently on the 40 man. I assume that's because he is still on administrative leave.

Is that what they call it now?
SCBucco

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by SCBucco »

765B56474051460605340 wrote: I won't complain if they take Neverauskas off the 40-man. I might complain if they don't.

Personally, I would ditch DuRapau, Lithuanian guy, Rios, Jerez, Hartlieb too.
Ecbucs

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by Ecbucs »

will be interesting to see how quickly the Pirates announce any roster changes.

BenM

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by BenM »

3121201701010D620 wrote: Vazquez has to be one to come off, doesn't he? I mean, if 21 of the most vile felony charges imaginable aren't enough to get you released, I don't know what is. I can't envision a scenario where the union tries to actually get the Pirates to pay him this year.

Vazquez is not currently on the 40 man. I assume that's because he is still on administrative leave.

Is that what they call it now?

Yeah, that's actually the technical term for his status right after he was arrested. Although SammyKhalifa wrote that he is now on the Restricted List.
Ecbucs

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by Ecbucs »

I don't know who is going to be out there but the Pirates should have no problem carrying a Rule 5 pick next season.
UtahPirate

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by UtahPirate »

link=1574237001/16#16 date=1574285826]1D0D0C3B2D2D214E0 wrote: I won't complain if they take Neverauskas off the 40-man. I might complain if they don't.

I disagree on Hartlieb. The guy has spent most of his athletic career as a basketball player and only signed after his senior year and his basketball eligibility was finished. He really got rushed onto the MLB roster last year because it was such a disaster.

He was showing great progress even though he has not pitched that much at all. He's exactly the kind of player you don't want to lose until you've given him a chance to really find his control and get some minor league innings under his belt.

He has really good stuff, but he has yet to learn how to command the strike zone with it. I don't think you lose guys like him. He's big, has a great sinker, and just needs more seasoning. He's the kind of guy everyone pines about after they are successful for another organization. Definitely needs a full year in AAA and needs to stay on the 40-man. Another organization taking a chance a 6'6" guy who has hit 100 at times and can also throw a great sinker is a no-brainer. In a way, he's a young 25 because of his inexperience and he just needs more development.
SyrBucco

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by SyrBucco »

I've posted my thoughts in another thread here regarding who we can easily pare off the 40-man, but I certainly hope that we make room for a catcher in the Rule 5.

In particular, I'd like to get one of the Phillies' catchers who are on their 40-man, because we'll be able to hide a 3rd catcher with the 26-man roster. I like Rafael Marchan (their 13th ranked) and Rodolfo Duran (their 17th). Our system is devoid of catching prospects.

I got their names from this article:

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/top-pr ... le-5-draft
Bobster21

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by Bobster21 »

0D2C393008312A392C3D580 wrote: link=1574237001/16#16 date=1574285826]I won't complain if they take Neverauskas off the 40-man. I might complain if they don't.

I disagree on Hartlieb. The guy has spent most of his athletic career as a basketball player and only signed after his senior year and his basketball eligibility was finished. He really got rushed onto the MLB roster last year because it was such a disaster.

He was showing great progress even though he has not pitched that much at all. He's exactly the kind of player you don't want to lose until you've given him a chance to really find his control and get some minor league innings under his belt.

He has really good stuff, but he has yet to learn how to command the strike zone with it. I don't think you lose guys like him. He's big, has a great sinker, and just needs more seasoning. He's the kind of guy everyone pines about after they are successful for another organization. Definitely needs a full year in AAA and needs to stay on the 40-man. Another organization taking a chance a 6'6" guy who has hit 100 at times and can also throw a great sinker is a no-brainer. In a way, he's a young 25 because of his inexperience and he just needs more development.

I agree. No one thought Hartlieb was ready for MLB last year but he was rushed out of sheer necessity. He's done will at AA and in limited time at AAA before he was recalled and needs to have the chance to continue his development in the minors.
SCBucco

40-Man Roster Day Today

Post by SCBucco »

Looks like Cederlind, Ponce, Hayes, Craig and Cruz is on ...

Designated - Jerez, Agrazal, Escobar and DuRapau.

Lithuanian must have pictures of Cherrington too.