Official Game Thread 7/3/2023 Bucs vs. Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

I have the Dodgers channel tonight but the power could go out in any minute. Storms are Booming right now !
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Jason Heyward is still collecting paychecks, that`s what Pirates have with Hayes.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

The Dodgers didn't name a starter for a long time, leaving it as TBD.

Don't fault Shelton on this one, I'm sure the Pirates players didn't want to possibly have to wait until just before lineup cards needed exchanged to find out who was playing and where.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

It’s mind-blowing.  Castro is not the future.  If he’s back next year it’ll be very disappointing.  In fact, I hope he’s part of any trade deal that might take place this month.  The sooner he’s gone, the sooner the other guys get more playing time.  That’ll only help going into next season.

The Shelington brain trust believes they are the smartest ones in the room. They've got stat geeks, analytics, metrics, trends, etc. They're on the cutting edge of theories on resting players, which they copied from an NBA team where the sport and its physical activity is completely different. They're way to smart to just play the best players.

What Cherington needs is an old guy in the front office. An old baseball guy. Someone to listen to all that super smart baseball technological data and say, "I don't care, just play the best players!" Shelington is guilty of paralysis by analysis. Too much data, too little common sense. There's always a reason to use a suboptimal lineup. Anybody could just play the best players. But Shelington is way to smart for that.  :(

I’m an old guy. I can say “I don’t care, just play the best players” if I practice for a day or two. Finally, I’m eminently qualified for a job.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oh, and BTW....

Let's Go Bucs!!!

Off to work >:(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A2C3A2E213B2B202D3A082F25292124662B480 wrote: What's with Castro at 2B?  Shelty needs to move Marcano to SS and Gonzoles to 2B. 

It’s mind-blowing.  Castro is not the future.  If he’s back next year it’ll be very disappointing.  In fact, I hope he’s part of any trade deal that might take place this month.  The sooner he’s gone, the sooner the other guys get more playing time.  That’ll only help going into next season.

The Shelington brain trust believes they are the smartest ones in the room. They've got stat geeks, analytics, metrics, trends, etc. They're on the cutting edge of theories on resting players, which they copied from an NBA team where the sport and its physical activity is completely different. They're way to smart to just play the best players.

What Cherington needs is an old guy in the front office. An old baseball guy. Someone to listen to all that super smart baseball technological data and say, "I don't care, just play the best players!" Shelington is guilty of paralysis by analysis. Too much data, too little common sense. There's always a reason to use a suboptimal lineup. Anybody could just play the best players. But Shelington is way to smart for that.  :(

I’m an old guy.  I can say “I don’t care, just play the best players” if I practice for a day or two.  Finally, I’m eminently qualified for a job.

I will strongly recommend you for the position the next time Cherington asks my opinion. ;)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Running on contact against a drawn in infield. Works every time. ::)
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Nice arm Davis
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Just settling into my seats for the Pirate series here at Dodger Stadium. LA traffic horrendous plus over 50,000.

Bucs need to take this game with Keller. Got a break that Kershaw was scratched. Wouldn’t you know that Keller is struggling. Did not like Palacios swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Where did the real Brian Reynolds go?

This imposter has no power