Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dmetz »

His ceiling is top 3b in NL. As in #1.
Ecbucs

Jung Ho Kang

Post by Ecbucs »

737A72636D170 wrote: His ceiling is top 3b in NL. As in #1. 

this team has about 20 ifs. If most of them go to the plus this will be a fun season.
IABucFan

Jung Ho Kang

Post by IABucFan »

2B222A3B354F0 wrote: His ceiling is top 3b in NL. As in #1. 

I know you’re high on Kang, but top 3B in NL? Do the names Machado, Bryant, and Arenado ring a bell? And that’s to say nothing of a guy like Eugenio Suarez, or Donaldson (who knows what he’s got left in the tank), or heck, even a guy like Rendón who has put up an OPS north of .900 each of the last two years.

I don’t believe Kang is going to provide more than a warm body on the bench. I hope I’m wrong. But that’s what I think. However, if he is at his absolute very best, his absolute best, he’s the fifth best third baseman in the NL, and maybe sixth or seventh.
dmetz

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dmetz »

747C7F485E7B5C533D0 wrote: His ceiling is top 3b in NL. As in #1. 

I know you’re high on Kang, but top 3B in NL? Do the names Machado, Bryant, and Arenado ring a bell? And that’s to say nothing of a guy like Eugenio Suarez, or Donaldson (who knows what he’s got left in the tank), or heck, even a guy like Rendón who has put up an OPS north of .900 each of the last two years.

I don’t believe Kang is going to provide more than a warm body on the bench. I hope I’m wrong. But that’s what I think. However, if he is at his absolute very best, his absolute best, he’s the fifth best third baseman in the NL, and maybe sixth or seventh.

He's a 5 WAR ceiling in a full season.  Not a pipedream either.   His ceiling is in the conversation with all of the above.    Just bookmark this thread and we can revisit.

His injury prone nature and wasting time giving Moran any innings at all will be part of what holds him back

SammyKhalifa

Jung Ho Kang

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Now I would note that those three home runs that got him the headlines early are also his only three hits so far.
dmetz

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dmetz »

Lolol

All 3 were wind aided too.   In real life he's 0-14 with a .000 ops.  Not 3-14 with a 1.20

SammyKhalifa

Jung Ho Kang

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5D545C4D43390 wrote: Lolol

All 3 were wind aided too.   In real life he's 0-14 with a .000 ops.  Not 3-14 with a 1.20

I mean way too few PAs to make much of it one way or the other. But those 3ABs have overshadowed the rest of them in popular thought right now.
dmetz

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dmetz »

Kang could go 0 for the rest of ST and It wouldn't matter too much to me.    It's better if he hits well, of course, his hitting 3 homers early doesn't impact my opinion.

I believe what he did a few years ago at 28-29 is basically what he will do again, at 31. He was terrible in ST before with a bunch of k's, and great during the seasons. Same opinion before he was even allowed back in the US.

If he can't, oh well. There's always the 2021 strike to look forward to.
BucsFaninGA

Jung Ho Kang

Post by BucsFaninGA »

If Kang shows he can hold down 3rd, and there is a need for a 3rd baseman on another team, I bet NH would fall all over himself to get rid of Moran...Just my 2 cents...

Beat'em Bucs! [smiley=beer.gif]
Bobster21

Jung Ho Kang

Post by Bobster21 »

457264744166696E694046070 wrote: If Kang shows he can hold down 3rd, and there is a need for a 3rd baseman on another team, I bet NH would fall all over himself to get rid of Moran...Just my 2 cents...

Beat'em Bucs! [smiley=beer.gif]
But if there is a need for a 3rd baseman on another team, why would that team want Moran? :)