Reynolds Extended

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Reynolds Extended

Post by bucs607179 »

7D56447E564B5A505C7F5C515C330 wrote: Hell froze over!

That gave me a good chuckle!!
WildwoodDave2

Reynolds Extended

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Quite a few board members thought this would never happen.
maher.timothy20@gm

Reynolds Extended

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

6A415659200 wrote: Here's hoping this is the first of several extensions. Keller and Contreras next (hopefully this summer) and Cruz to follow.

Cruz would likely get his next season, but it would be wise to start the negotiation now and show him they want him long term.

That's the other reason this is great. Imagine the shit impression you're making on guys like Cruz, Keller, Henry Davis, etc., if you don't get a deal done with a guy like Reynolds.
WildwoodDave2

Reynolds Extended

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

The PG says that Nutting was adamant about getting the

deal done.
maher.timothy20@gm

Reynolds Extended

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

56686D65766E6E654560776433010 wrote: The PG says that Nutting was adamant about getting the

deal done.

Maybe he should be adamant more often.
GreenWeenie

Reynolds Extended

Post by GreenWeenie »

This is obviously a positively historical day.

I'll admit to being surprised, given what has been reported over time.

I agree that if BOB wanted something done, it's nice to see that BC did as instructed.

This is good for the club's future. Reynold is not our only good player. It's a sign to the others that they have their chance to make the club their futures, too.
Bobster21

Reynolds Extended

Post by Bobster21 »

112F2A22312929220227302374460 wrote: Quite a few board members thought this would never happen.
Including me. I didn't think there was any incentive for him to stay. He could get that money elsewhere.
SyrBucco

Reynolds Extended

Post by SyrBucco »

I'm ecstatic!
Ecbucs

Reynolds Extended

Post by Ecbucs »

Question and response on Major League Trade Rumors

Sounds like Reynolds really wanted to stay with Pirates:

B. Reynolds agent

1:47 Am I loosing a lot of clients today?

Steve Adams

1:50 CAA is one of the biggest agencies in the industry. Reynolds wanted to stay in Pittsburgh, and he took less to do it. The same agency just got $111MM for Corbin Carroll after 32 games. Players understand that motivations vary among their peers. I don't think anyone out there thinks that the guys at CAA, who are representing Ohtani, Realmuto, Hader, Cronenworth and dozens of other high-profile players, suddenly thought 7/100 in new money was market value for Reynolds.

I don't feel compelled to defend them -- the deal is light from a market context standpoint -- but I think most people around the game can recognize that this was primarily a player-driven decision.
DemDog

Reynolds Extended

Post by DemDog »

In a call with WWD2, it was mentioned that Reynolds is a really laid-back guy and loves Pgh not only as a team but as the city in which he lives. I can't imagine him cutting it in NY, Boston, LA, or Chicago to name a few because the paparazzi in those cities would drive him nuts if he just wanted to take his wife out for a nice dinner.