Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by NJBucsFan »

Wow, Rodriguez getting murdered out there.
Ecbucs

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by Ecbucs »

we need Crick back. Right now neither Kela or Rodriguez are safe to have in a tie or one run game.

I expected better offense against Sanchez.

Oh, well, we'll get them tomorrow.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The umpire missed a called strike 3 on Eaton in the 8th right before the homerun That was clearly a strike and just a call that shouldn’t get missed. Still though gotta be able to work around it and get guys out and Rodriguez wasn’t able to do that. Very frustrating loss especially now with Scherzer going tomorrow now going to make it very tough even with Taillon on the mound to win 2 out of 3.
skinnyhorse

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by skinnyhorse »

Looks like Rodriguez good year last year was a fluke. It's always some goofy crap like this happens every year to foil any chance of the Pirates having a good year. So tired of this losing leads late in games.
steve49

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by steve49 »

745253445242310 wrote: we need Crick back.  Right now neither Kela or Rodriguez are safe to have in a tie or one run game.

Burdi looks pretty decent .
OrlandoMerced

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think the bullpen will sort itself out.

The starting pitching is really good right now, and while that won’t last to the tune of a sub 2 era,  neither will the offense be this bad for long. Especially with Diaz and Polanco close to return. Diaz has been crushing the ball in his rehab stint and he looks poised to really breakout this year. His batted ball numbers were very strong in 2018, so he is for real.

Kang looks a disaster, but that’s nbd as Moran looks good. Gonzalez is about exactly as expected, but that experiment will only last a year as tucker looks like the real deal as well. Bell emerging as a middle of the order bat is the best development thus far. That combined with Frazier’s .350 obp means that he can stay at lead off.

Bullpens are usually volatile, but if your starting pitching can be a constant that is the game changer.  Right now the offense is not good and that is making games that should not be bullpen games, bullpen games. The bullpen is blowing all kinds of leads, but they are still over 500. They just need to hold serve in April until Polanco, Diaz and Dickerson get back. That will be a jolt, and then if then, if they are still in the clump of teams fighting for a playoff spot, you bring up a tucker or Hayes to provide another jolt.
skinnyhorse

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by skinnyhorse »

484F5E4D5E0F023B0 wrote: we need Crick back.  Right now neither Kela or Rodriguez are safe to have in a tie or one run game.

He needs a good shot of success which will give him confidence. I think he has the stuff now just work him in the right situations.
notes34

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by notes34 »

I didn't get to see much of this game, but what I did see Archer looked fantastic.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0E0F1405135354600 wrote: I didn't get to see much of this game, but what I did see Archer looked fantastic.

It was a very impressive start for him. He got better as the game went on. Made me feel better about his potential for the Pirates.
steve49

Pirates @ Nationals 4/13

Post by steve49 »

495153545443525548495F3A0 wrote: we need Crick back.  Right now neither Kela or Rodriguez are safe to have in a tie or one run game.

He needs a good shot of success which will give him confidence. I think he has the stuff now just work him in the right situations.

I've seen all his appearances and he's yet to be hit hard . I think the high era is a little misleading. Very tough guy to square up from what I've seen. I also read an article that explains how he's changed his delivery a bit. It's resulted in batters getting a vey short look at the ball being released.