Game Thread - 9/11 - Bucs @ Royals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Tucker just cannot hit with men on base. A grounder to the right side to score a run would have been good. Too many strikeouts with Tucker. He has struck out about 25% of his at bats this year.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: 1. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

2. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

4. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

5. Colin Moran (L) DH

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Jacob Stallings (R) C

8. Adam Frazier (L) LF

9. Cole Tucker (S) RF

Steven Brault (L) SP

Come on Shelty, time is wastin' for evaluation, you know, we all know and Bell knows he is not MLB 1B.  He needs to be a DH Moran at 1B.  Geez Louise!
Gotta ask you possum, where do you get the info on the stating lineup on game day? Or are you Shelty in disguise ;D
Here ya go.

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Nah, you should have gone with Possum is Shelton.   :)
Come to think of it, they've never been seen at the same time, same place.

Now you are getting it.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: Neverauskas is warming but Brault is working hard to cement GOG before Neverauskas can steal it.
First hitter to face Neverauskas and he doubles. He is just not very good.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We're 14 and 27.  Who the heck IS?

I get the feeling that the sculpture maker isn't sketching anyone anytime soon.  (Sigh.)
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

2nd inning ... 1st and 3rd nobody out ... zero runs

4th inning ... 2nd and 3rd nobody out ... zero runs

When this team gets runners in scoring position with nobody out, you might as well turn off the TV or radio.

WORST TEAM EVER in that category, and it's been that way for years.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A4F5858536A58585354583D0 wrote: We're 14 and 27.  Who the heck IS?

I get the feeling that the sculpture maker isn't sketching anyone anytime soon.  (Sigh.)
I think reducing HOF slugger Ralph Kiner to a sculpture of a pair of anonymous hands has discouraged any of the current roster from tempting artists to sketch and sculp them. Yes, they saved money by "honoring" Kiner with a sculpture from the Dollar Store but now they've discouraged the current roster of potential HOFers from trying to distinguish themselves. ;D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Runners who score after being in scoring position with no outs cost money. And, it's been a while since the Bucs spent money.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: We're 14 and 27.  Who the heck IS?

I think reducing HOF slugger Ralph Kiner to a sculpture of a pair of anonymous hands has discouraged any of the current roster from tempting artists to sketch and sculp them. Yes, they saved money by "honoring" Kiner with a sculpture from the Dollar Store but now they've discouraged the current roster of potential HOFers from trying to distinguish themselves.  ;D

"Frozen hands"? I think we have a few guys who've been INSPIRED by it. ;)

I guess I should've used :(((( if we were a real team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Why is Polanco being paid to play baseball? Maybe when they let fans back in the park he can get on with his life's work (as the Emperor would say) and sell popcorn.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Guys who score cost money.  Doesn't matter how many outs there are.  Guys who score cost money.

Guys who prevent the guys from other teams from scoring cost money.

Guys who get teammates to score cost money.  Doesn't matter how many outs there are.  Guys who get teammates to score cost money.

Even if a guy prevents guys from the other team from scoring, they'd better score runs themselves or do things to make teammates score.  Otherwise, you go into extra innings 0-0, and you wind up losing.

Guys who are good in the clubhouse don't cost a whole lot of money, unless they, themselves are guys who score, get teammates to score, or prevent guys from the other team to score.

Guys who are good in the clubhouse, but don't score, don't help teammates to score, and don't do anything to prevent guys from the other teams from scoring?  Those guys are called "Pirates."