Wildcard chances...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Kovalwat

Wildcard chances...

Post by Kovalwat »

Our problem is that we have the worst GM in all of baseball, if not all of sports.  His philosophy about running a baseball team is catastrophically wrong.  He just doesn't understand that the way to build a winning team is through FA and then add a couple of pieces with LMG's. He should have a maximum of 3 or 4 LMG's on the roster. Doofus Huntington's system has never won even 1 Divivsion championship, will not win a Division Championship this year, and will not win a Division Championship in future years.  He will just go on promising a future to the fans that will never get here.
PMike

Wildcard chances...

Post by PMike »

6440594E43584E5B2F0 wrote: Our problem is that we have the worst GM in all of baseball, if not all of sports.  His philosophy about running a baseball team is catastrophically wrong.  He just doesn't understand that the way to build a winning team is through FA and then add a couple of pieces with LMG's. He should have a maximum of 3 or 4 LMG's on the roster.   Doofus Huntington's system has never won even 1 Divivsion championship, will not win a Division Championship this year, and will not win a Division Championship in future years.  He will just go on promising a future to the fans that will never get here.

First of all, what the heck is a LMG? Light machine gun? I don't know how that would help the current situation.

Secondly, I appreciate the negative people angled against NH on this board. We need the variety. I also think NH has pulled some boneheaded moves in his career. However, you do remember that he was the chief conductor of the team that went to the playoffs 3 times (after losing for 20 years) and won 98 games. I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with the over exaggerated language (worst GM in baseball and maybe all of sports).
ArnoldRothstein

Wildcard chances...

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

312C080A04610 wrote:

First of all, what the heck is a LMG? 

Large Mafia Guy. He should have said, "LMG's with pieces."
SammyKhalifa

Wildcard chances...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

415C787A74110 wrote: Our problem is that we have the worst GM in all of baseball, if not all of sports.  His philosophy about running a baseball team is catastrophically wrong.  He just doesn't understand that the way to build a winning team is through FA and then add a couple of pieces with LMG's. He should have a maximum of 3 or 4 LMG's on the roster.   Doofus Huntington's system has never won even 1 Divivsion championship, will not win a Division Championship this year, and will not win a Division Championship in future years.  He will just go on promising a future to the fans that will never get here.

First of all, what the heck is a LMG?  Light machine gun?  I don't know how that would help the current situation.

Secondly, I appreciate the negative people angled against NH on this board.  We need the variety.  I also think NH has pulled some boneheaded moves in his career.  However, you do remember that he was the chief conductor of the team that went to the playoffs 3 times (after losing for 20 years) and won 98 games.  I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with the over exaggerated language (worst GM in baseball and maybe all of sports).

Ha. Don't bother, you won't change him.
Kovalwat

Wildcard chances...

Post by Kovalwat »

6D705456583D0 wrote: Our problem is that we have the worst GM in all of baseball, if not all of sports.  His philosophy about running a baseball team is catastrophically wrong.  He just doesn't understand that the way to build a winning team is through FA and then add a couple of pieces with LMG's. He should have a maximum of 3 or 4 LMG's on the roster.   Doofus Huntington's system has never won even 1 Divivsion championship, will not win a Division Championship this year, and will not win a Division Championship in future years.  He will just go on promising a future to the fans that will never get here.

First of all, what the heck is a LMG?  Light machine gun?  I don't know how that would help the current situation.

Secondly, I appreciate the negative people angled against NH on this board.  We need the variety.  I also think NH has pulled some boneheaded moves in his career.  However, you do remember that he was the chief conductor of the team that went to the playoffs 3 times (after losing for 20 years) and won 98 games.  I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with the over exaggerated language (worst GM in baseball and maybe all of sports).
--

LMG - League Minimum Guy
Kovalwat

Wildcard chances...

Post by Kovalwat »

" I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with your defense of a Management team who has never won anything.
DemDog

Wildcard chances...

Post by DemDog »

4F7C6061626A5C617A667D7A6B67600E0 wrote:

First of all, what the heck is a LMG? 

Large Mafia Guy. He should have said, "LMG's with pieces."

Babe that is one of the best posts ever at OBN. Laughing my arse off at that one.
DemDog

Wildcard chances...

Post by DemDog »

5B4662606E0B0 wrote: Our problem is that we have the worst GM in all of baseball, if not all of sports.  His philosophy about running a baseball team is catastrophically wrong.  He just doesn't understand that the way to build a winning team is through FA and then add a couple of pieces with LMG's. He should have a maximum of 3 or 4 LMG's on the roster.   Doofus Huntington's system has never won even 1 Divivsion championship, will not win a Division Championship this year, and will not win a Division Championship in future years.  He will just go on promising a future to the fans that will never get here.

[highlight]Secondly, I appreciate the negative people angled against NH on this board.[/highlight]  We need the variety.  I also think NH has pulled some boneheaded moves in his career.  However, you do remember that he was the chief conductor of the team that went to the playoffs 3 times (after losing for 20 years) and won 98 games.  I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with the over exaggerated language (worst GM in baseball and maybe all of sports).

I agree with the highlighted portion above. While I do not agree I like the discussion that ensues between the yeasayers and the naysayers as long as there are not attacks on each other.

I think that a GM can go from being the best to the worst when he does not look around and adjust to the what other teams are doing in putting a team together and change his ways. Only problem with HN is that he has a cheapskate owner holding the purse strings.

So keep the yea and nay posts coming just let them be gentlemanly toward each other.
PMike

Wildcard chances...

Post by PMike »

0A2E37202D362035410 wrote: " I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with your defense of a Management team who has never won anything.

I don't think the "never won a championship" is a good indicator of the quality of a player/coach/front office. Lot's of the greatest ever never won a championship. Conversely, all sorts of subpar players and coaches have won championships.
Kovalwat

Wildcard chances...

Post by Kovalwat »

405D797B75100 wrote: " I appreciate the passion, but for me, you lose credibility with your defense of a Management team who has never won anything.

I don't think the "never won a championship" is a good indicator of the quality of a player/coach/front office.  Lot's of the greatest ever never won a championship.  Conversely, all sorts of subpar players and coaches have won championships.
--

I think it is different for players and GM's. Of course there are great players who never had enough good players on a team to win a championship. But the purpose of a GM is to field a winning team. There are no good/great GM's who have never won anything.