Harvey

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harvey

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

51767D5E130 wrote: Dfa’d. We could get him like we got Dickerson. 

Offer a token prospect and 2 million and see what happens. 

I wonder which would be the tougher project--his pitching or his personality

The guy thought he was going to be the King of NY. He tried to reject a switch to the bullpen. He's had Tommy John surgery and surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.

I'd say both.

His dating resume has some Victoria Secret Models on it too. He lived it up for sure at one point becoming the new face of the Mets.

I did love how they called it Matt Harvey Day when he pitched. I loved wishing Mets fans Happy Harvey Day (they had shirts) when they lost leaving PNC Park. Good marketing. I tried to start a "Happy AJ Day", but never caught on!
NJBucsFan

Harvey

Post by NJBucsFan »

Living in New Jersey I do keep an eye on the Mets, and I don't know that this is a move we want to make. He's had poor results AND a poor attitude lately, combined with a big city need for the spotlight. The Mets have been trying to get his head on straight for a long time now. Even if he is going to be turned around, I don't know that it would be able to happen in Pittsburgh unless this release has had a magical effect on him.
SammyKhalifa

Harvey

Post by SammyKhalifa »

He won't go to the pen, and won't go to the minors, and has like a 7 ERA.  It would be nice if he were to have a "Come to Jesus" moment and agree to some rehab with us happy for a second chance, but at this point who in the rotation would you give his spot?
ScottinMass

Harvey

Post by ScottinMass »

If the Pirates end up doing something with Harvey, they need to make sure he gets no where near Kang.
NJBucsFan

Harvey

Post by NJBucsFan »

Someone will likely take a flyer on him, but the situation reminds me of Oliver Perez. Remember the sad look on his mug as he sat at the end of the Mets bench after refusing assignment and the team refusing to release him or let him pitch? Those were the days. :)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harvey

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harvey was traded to the Reds for Devin Mesoraco.

The Reds were paying Mesoraco $13 million this year. He's a back up catcher!
Ecbucs

Harvey

Post by Ecbucs »

060D05090C0D165355221B030A0D0D4C010D620 wrote: Harvey was traded to the Reds for Devin Mesoraco.

isn't he from PA? Had a good year or two, signed an expensive long term contract and was injured. I wonder if Reds are throwing in any money.
SCBucco

Harvey

Post by SCBucco »

7D5B5A4D5B4B380 wrote: Harvey was traded to the Reds for Devin Mesoraco.

isn't he from PA?  Had a good year or two, signed an expensive long term contract and was injured.  I wonder if Reds are throwing in any money.

Devin is from Punxy. I thought the kid was going to be the next stud catcher three or four years ago, only to flame out. I believe injuries had a big thing to do with it. To be honest, I wouldn't have even traded Devin and cash for Harvey. The dude is a train wreck.
SammyKhalifa

Harvey

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7060615640404C230 wrote: Harvey was traded to the Reds for Devin Mesoraco.

isn't he from PA?  Had a good year or two, signed an expensive long term contract and was injured.  I wonder if Reds are throwing in any money.

Devin is from Punxy.  I thought the kid was going to be the next stud catcher three or four years ago, only to flame out.  I believe injuries had a big thing to do with it.  To be honest, I wouldn't have even traded Devin and cash for Harvey.  The dude is a train wreck.

Might be good for the reds though. They're only going to win about 12 games this year anyhow
dmetz

Harvey

Post by dmetz »

Interesting trade for the Mets.   They're badly in need of a quality catcher.   I like his chances of rebounding as much as Harvey's.  (Unlikely but not impossible) Good trade considering the Mets dfa'ed him. Better to get possible upside than get a guaranteed nobody