We’re in a spot of trouble

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Post by Tintin »

The starters have only given up 4 er’s once this season and that was two runs scoring on a home run off the reliever.

I’m just concerned that that isn’t sustainable.

If the starters do hold their ERA at 2.10, we will walk into the playoffs;) despite the offense.

The point of this email is stating that we need to have either of the catchers, Bell, Moran, Kang, Frazier and Melky in the lineup as much as possible despite defensive limitations.

I would something like this

C Diaz/ Cervelli

1b Bell

2b Moran/Kang (seems to be Moran)

SS Tucker

3b Moran/Kang

Of Cabrera Frazier Martin/Reynolds
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

042924353223347477460 wrote: Did anyone hear the Clint Hurdle interview?  He implied very very strongly that Polanco will be coming back "soon," as soon as today, but almos certainly during this homestand. 
This is from WTM at "Bucs Dugout":

Gregory Polanco “could rejoin the Pirates this week.” Polanco didn’t play today and Indianapolis is off Monday, so I’m guessing “this week” means Monday. It’s hard to see what more time in AAA will accomplish. The Pirates have said Polanco’s throwing will not be back at full strength this year. And the Pirates desperately need offense from their outfield. They’ve gotten a surprising contribution from Melky Cabrera, Jason Martin and J.B. Shuck, but regression seems to be settling in. They need the big boys back.

https://www.bucsdugout.com/2019/4/21/18 ... ry-updates

It's troubling that they will have a RFer with limited throwing ability.

Teams are going to test him for sure. I remember that Lee Mazzili was acquired to play center and had to be moved because his arm (and I think glove) were so poor.

Matty Alou didn't have a great arm but he was fairly accurate.

If teams run wild on him he won't be able to be a starter.